Beta testing 2009?

A lot of Fm09 was based on the beta testing from FM live - the match engine in particular (no not the 3d stuff -- that's just the pretty version of the actual engine). I've also read SI learned a lot from the FM08 testing -- which in corporate speak is them acknowledging shortcomings without admitting to it in case it damages the brand.

Leaked in what way? If its a demo it wouldn't matter would it?

As I recall a couple of years ago there was a beta demo released and various forum members posted it all over the place and this p****d SI off in a big way so they decided to do the beta testing in-house in future.

Beta Testing is all about authentication and security nowadays, the last time they tried a beta of FM the install file was leaked. I don't think it worked though but the fact is that SI's trust was broken by one stupid person.

Maybe beta testing will be possible again in the future with SI's new authentication methods developed in FM Live, put a log-in screen before the game and it'll only allow beta enabled users to log in. That way, leaks mean nothing.

Archived