FM09 sounds question

is there any work bein done on better sound for eg more chants etc?

I doubt it, since SI before has stated that most players play with the sound off, and therefore they don't want to add any sound.

I, for one, would love more sound effects, chants, etc.

I wonder how many of us play with the sounds off simply because the sounds in the game are so poor.

Interesting question. I always play with sound off, and put some music on, or have the TV going in the background.

But, if the sound improved would I keep them turned on... Thinking about it, I honestly don't think I would, no matter how good they were. Plus, how much can the sound even be improved?

Rock 'n roll > generic crowd chants

The sounds currently in FM are pretty pathetic.. They were far better in 01/02 than they are now and whilst the game is fantastic all round, I really fail to see why SI dont try and improve this.

Surely, creating a realistic match day experience is vital for the game?!

It would get dull quickly though and hardly anyone would use the sounds. Seeing as only a minority of people watch the full game and most seem to just speed through matches the sounds would never be able to be brilliant. Personally I'd much rather SI spent their time and resources upgrading other features of the game than the sound anyway.

I think someone from SI has previously said that working on the sounds are not a priority and that the reason why is down to resources. There is a poster (n0va??) who makes a soundpack which is pretty good. I would love to see better sounds from SI though.

I made my own custom "SerieA Soundpack. Its not that hard to make imo, think I used 2-3 days in sony vegas..

What I used was 4-5 Ac Milan home games with stadium feed, and some youtube player chants - the atmosphere now is 1000 times better using this compared to SI's old sounds :)

Archived