Appealing against red-cards?

Has anyone ever actually been successful in appealing any suspension for your players?, I've played for years and never once have I had a successful appeal, normally they add another 2 games on to the ban if anything. Is it even possible to win your appeal?

I think I have before but not sure whether it was in FM08. There is no point in appealing for violent behaviour as you will never get that, though. If it says in the message that there is a disciplinary committee discussing whether to extend the ban that is a sure sign that an appeal will not be successful. Also if your assistant says no to appeal then I don't think there is any point either.

It's the same for real though. Very rarely do red cards get overturned unless it's a serious mistake by the referee.

Yeah, remember Aliadiere's red card last season, Boro appealed and the FA added a game extra on to the suspension. That is just one example.

I have successfully appealed on FM08 a few times, actually in my current save chances are that dodgy offside/penalty/red card actually WAS dodgy and the F.A have to 'stay silent' or my player gets to play next game.......which just proves I'm getting shafted by the refs.

Archived