New idea for patch

The patch which comes out after the transfer window brings all the transfers up to date. We all know that. But, my proposal is that instead of all the january transfers being at the start of the game, it would be so all the transfers were set for 1st of January, so it would be like real life.

Ranjith, does that still happen? I remember it happening to me in previous versions, but i've been able to sign injured players so far in FM08.

Also if you have agreed a contract with a player and they have signed etc and you confirm it in January, they move in July whether they are injured or not because the contract is done and dusted. I confirmed the transfer of Daniel Carvalho in September to arrive in January, he arrived damaged cruciates et al and promptly sat on the treatment table for the remainder of the season. If they are fit when you hit confirm then the transfer will always go through.

Will also have to change the transfer budgets accordingly as well. If a player is being transfered in january for say £30 million in real life and this is coded in, it could have serious implications on the clubs finance, if the AI or human player had spent heavily in the summer.

Archived