Nice touch

I had this in my Gateshead game. I kept getting moved to The Stadium of Light while my own stadium was redeveloped. The upshot being that my average attendance was so big that the club just kept expanding my stadium every year before finally building a new one altogether. I spent about 4 seasons running playing at The Stadium of Light before the board stopped expanding the stadium.

It is an excellent touch.

It's a badly implemented "nice touch" to be honest. In FM07 my Greenock Morton got moved to Ibrox for a year while an extension of ~5,000 seats was added to Cappielow Park to increase its capacity up to ~16,500. Suddenly, having not been getting capacity crowds in our 11,500 capacity stadium we were getting crowds of 36,000 week in week out at Ibrox. Firstly that is clearly ridiculous unless the people of Glasgow are so fickle they suddenly start watching some small team in their tens of thousands just because they are playing at Ibrox. Equally ridiculous was that we appeared to keep that massive extra fan base when we returned to our stadium so that we sold out every match.

It's a badly implemented "nice touch" to be honest. In FM07 my Greenock Morton got moved to Ibrox for a year while an extension of ~5,000 seats was added to Cappielow Park to increase its capacity up to ~16,500. Suddenly, having not been getting capacity crowds in our 11,500 capacity stadium we were getting crowds of 36,000 week in week out at Ibrox. Firstly that is clearly ridiculous unless the people of Glasgow are so fickle they suddenly start watching some small team in their tens of thousands just because they are playing at Ibrox. Equally ridiculous was that we appeared to keep that massive extra fan base when we returned to our stadium so that we sold out every match.

just be glad of the extra ticket funds ;)

No one complains when it's a bug/poor implementation that goes in their favour ;) Hence the 'Why does my attendance drop' or 'why did my stadium not expand' threads and no 'why did my average attendance suddenly increase by 20000 giving me a nice chunk of extra income' threads. And also the 'OMG so many one on ones but can't score!!! SortitoutSI icon8.gif' threads versus the 'My defender scored 30+ goals in a season :D' threads.

This sounds like it really needs a great deal more thought. SO many problem in this logic.

1. When ground sharing, then the clubs current rep should be taken into account. They should be able to fill such a superior stadium week in week out.

2. Why build and improve a stadium over 4 years and then just move in the fifth year - preventative measure should fix this i.e. don't fill out the other stadium

3. Sharing a ground over 5 years while expanding - again, if the club didn't fill out the bigger stadium in the first place, this wouldn't be happening.

To reiterate, by not filling out the superior stadium during expansion works should mean that issues 2 and 3 should then be fixed.

No one complains when it's a bug/poor implementation that goes in their favour ;) Hence the 'Why does my attendance drop' or 'why did my stadium not expand' threads and no 'why did my average attendance suddenly increase by 20000 giving me a nice chunk of extra income' threads. And also the 'OMG so many one on ones but can't score!!! SortitoutSI icon8.gif' threads versus the 'My defender scored 30+ goals in a season :D' threads.

people are never happy these days

Yes, it looks like you somehow inherit the attendance of the owner of the ground. In a FM07 save with Akropolis I was relocated to Hammarby's stadium, and there were 11-12000 people/game instead of the usual 1200 :)

Archived