2 year loan deals and long-term contracts

Would be nice on both accounts, as they do happen IRL. I've always wondered why the 5 year contract is there too. For a few years now players have signed Six, Seven and Eight year deals, but this has never been reflected in FM.

Also makes me think - in FM09's edition, will Fabregas be contracted to his Real Life Arsenal contract, or will it be the default 5 year contract FM offers?

We used to beable to offer longer term contracts but I thought it changed because of a real life rule? I know Cesc signed an 8-year deal but maybe it's not really an 8 year deal. Maybe it effectively comes down to clauses that he will sign again for another 3 years.

and also will we be able to renew contracts at more than 5 years etc. cesc fabregas? Thanks

That cant be done in real life as the maximum contract length that can be signed is 5 years.

Fabregas had 3 years left on his deal, and he signed a 5 extention which comes in once his 3 year deal expires.

That cant be done in real life as the maximum contract length that can be signed is 5 years.

Fabregas had 3 years left on his deal, and he signed a 5 extention which comes in once his 3 year deal expires.

There we go! Thanks for backing up my lack of knowledge! :D

I see what you mean. Hopefully that kind of thing will be included in the next release.

Archived