Cyprus, actually a good footballing nation.

On my game I have four Cypriots on my Diagoras side in the Superleague, all of which could play in any of Europes top leagues and the national number 1 goalie is top class. So why do they never qualify for anything?

Pure conjecture but if you have international matches detail level set to none then it could be the trimmed down match engine calculations and reputation effect. Unless you've got a beast of a machine or don't mind waiting for the extra processing changing the setting will cause, it's a necessary evil. For me it is anyway.

You could test this out though. Change the detail level and see if their performances improve. But as Nomis07 said it depends on what their team mates are like.

No, they are the originals. But didn't Ireland qualify for the WC in 2002, all of their players having two left-legs?

What is with you and the anti Irish posts?

Roy Keane and Shay Given were the main reason Ireland qualified for that World Cup plus Duff pre knee injury and Robbie Keane. The rest of the squad could be described as average but they were average players who played with passion and a strong work ethic both of which count for more than people give it credit for.

And of course a jammy result against the Dutch at Lansdowne to seal qualification where it could have been 4 or 5 for the Dutch but Given was outstanding and Keane was his usual terror in the middle of the park.

To be honest, I think Cyprus are one of those nations where when you mention the country and football in the same sentence you automatically think, their crap. But if you watch them and look at the players, they have some good players.

Being part Cypriot i am pleased to see them having class talent on your game and i'm delighted to see that's the case. I really do wonder why they don't qualify for anything as i have seen some 16 year olds come from their country and become similar to the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Carlos Puyol and Wayne Rooney yet they never damn qualify for anything which is always upsetting. I guess that having 7-8 amazing players isn't good enough and you need a whole squad full but i'm adamant that on FM09 i will manage them to World Glory, despite failing on FM05,06,07 and 08. Badly, i might put.

I wonder why the Cypriot league hasn't been modelled yet, it's not terrible in comparison to alot of the leagues on the game.

Of course I can only name one team from Cyprus, but Temuri's boys always seem to be knocking around in the champions league qualifiers and I wish I could managed them.

Archived