Touchline Ban

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to vent a little bit on here about the whole 'Do you think the decision was right'->'criticise decision'-> touchline ban thing.

What is the point of asking me if I think the decision was right if whenever I actually say anything bad about the FA I get a stupid touchline ban. It doesn't happen in real life and all it does is make me annoyed at the game. Especially when the decision was definitely wrong also. The whole section of media interaction needs a desperate overhaul or to be taken out all together. As it is it just serves to annoy or waste time or usually both.

They only fine/ban you if you get it wrong or if the computer interprets it as being wrong.

The point is that if you stand up for your player, they can get a moral boost and create a better relationship with them.

The feature is ok but we need a clearer way of telling if the decision was right or wrong.

It does happen IRL, the managers are expected to give explain their comments and are given a certain amount of times before they are given a fine or ban.

There is an issue with being asked to comment and not actually knowing what happened though.

The feature is ok but we need a clearer way of telling if the decision was right or wrong.

We need a definitive match report that says "the linesman got it right, it was offside", or "the linesman got it wrong on that occasion", then we can make up our own mind, whether we are going to stand by our player or say nothing about it.

We need a definitive match report that says "the linesman got it right, it was offside", or "the linesman got it wrong on that occasion", then we can make up our own mind, whether we are going to stand by our player or say nothing about it.

Exactly. IMO, that is the only thing wrong with the feature.

Woo, calming down a bit now. I just think the way touchline bans are implemented are also stupid. In reality if a manager is watching from the stands he still controls tactics etc. How to translate that into the game is another thing.

Still, the last two times this happened my assistant won the match so it's not all bad...

Usually if your assistant is of a good enough standard you will be fine, but managers aren't actually allowed to have any say in the game when they are serving a ban, in the Euros SF Joachim Low wasn't allowed to contact his number two during the match and wasn't allowed to enter the dressing room at half time etc, because he had been sent off in the previous game.

I don't want this part of the game to disappear and TBH i'm a very outspoken manager so I always complain even if I don't think I should, but there are managers IRL who are more conservative and there should be enough information for us to create that personality in the game as well.

The point is that if you stand up for your player, they can get a moral boost and create a better relationship with them.

Really? I didn't think it had any effect except releasing some frustration from the manager. Is there proof of this, or just your observation? Interesting, because if it can give a better relationship with a player, I man start using it.

You can judge whether a dismissed goal is offside or not by watching the replay. And if it is not an offisde one, sometimes the F.A. won't warn you if you complain about the referee.

However, currently I still do not know any means to judge whether a controversial penalty is a mistake of referee or not.

Really? I didn't think it had any effect except releasing some frustration from the manager. Is there proof of this, or just your observation? Interesting, because if it can give a better relationship with a player, I man start using it.

IT doesn't happen that often. When you make the comment, go to your squad screen and if anyone has 'PR' at the side of their name then click it. Sometimes you will find that the player has said 'Glad to see the manager stick up for his team'. Be warned that it can also have the opposite effect, it will say something like 'Doesn't see the point in his manager stirring up unneccasary controversy'.

IT doesn't happen that often. When you make the comment, go to your squad screen and if anyone has 'PR' at the side of their name then click it. Sometimes you will find that the player has said 'Glad to see the manager stick up for his team'. Be warned that it can also have the opposite effect, it will say something like 'Doesn't see the point in his manager stirring up unneccasary controversy'.

exactly.

once in a while when I laugh at other managers who complain about referee's decision, some of my players think I am not professional.

They have actually made a mistake with the touchline ban as far is England and Scotland are concerned, certainly in the English leagues if a manager is on touchline ban he can still go in and do the team talks, before the game and half time. Its only in Europe where a UK club manager wouldn't be allowed in the dressing room at all.

They have actually made a mistake with the touchline ban as far is England and Scotland are concerned, certainly in the English leagues if a manager is on touchline ban he can still go in and do the team talks, before the game and half time.

Are you sure about that? I was under the impression that you can do the team talk, tactics etc before the game but not at half time.

Its so annoying, I got a touchline ban and my two best players ended up leaving because they thought I wasn't professional.

Thats a bit extreme. Usually if players get upset for something like that, they will become happy again after a few weeks.

I think it's a very poor feature of the game because if you don't agree with the actions of the game everytime you seem to get punished....

Just a fancy feature that is very un-needed.

I think alot of these media questions and team talks NEED to have so so so much more to choose from. The game is 100% capable of it to its just plain laziness i'd say.

In real life surely the manager is still allowed in the dressing room at half time to give their team talks though? Seems strange if he is not allowed in his own teams dressing room.

Joachim Low wasn't during that Germany game during the EUROs, I forget who they played.

It's not your fault your're dyslexic.

Fixed.

lol plain laziness what the hell are you on about, SI make a brilliant game each and every year and you have the nerve to complain about it

I don't think it is 'plain laziness' but I do think some of the options weren't properly thought through. They do need a much wider range of options and I'd be dissapointed if the media isn't something that has changed alot for FM09.

looking back i can see that i flew off the rails a bit there, i had just spilt a printer ink cartridge over my new jeans so you can probably see where my rage came from :p I would agree about the random nature of commenting on ref's decisions but imo media interaction and team talks are pretty good, better than not having them at all

Archived