Foreign Players

ive found many players from different countries/continents that have the potential ability of over 185, what really annoys me is that there are some without a club and therefore not progressing in there development. i had an Angolan with a pa of 198 at 14 and his current was 120. he had no club and he wasn't allowed to sign for any one before he was 18

that really annoys me as when i signed him he hadn't improved at all and didn't improve enough to be a first team player. i think that if they don't have club they should be allowed to sign or even go out on loan to a feeder club. especially as i have a brazilian club that i could send all pre signed Brazilians too.

anyone else have this problem?

I'm presuming you are an EU club trying to sign him?

Unfortunatly the FIFA rules state a non-EU player can't move to an EU club before he is an 18, so the game is correct in no letting you get the player.

Of course what would happen in real life if such a player existed is that the club would move his whole family across hence getting through a loop-hole in the law and signing the player. FM perhaps rightly doesn't have this option as it is verging on clubs defying FIFA and the rule.

thats what i mean, he was a good championship rb and in angola that is vergeing on god-like so i dont understand why no-one would sign him. ah si fix this please

Unfortunatly the FIFA rules state a non-EU player can't move to an EU club before he is an 18, so the game is correct in no letting you get the player.

The FIFA rules also states that clubless players can sign for foreign clubs even if under 18.

It just hasn't been implemented properly to the game.

The FIFA rules also states that clubless players can sign for foreign clubs even if under 18.

It just hasn't been implemented properly to the game.

No it doesn't U18's who have never had a club are still subject to the rules regarding the transfer of U18's:

FIFA Transfers Rules PDF - Pages 17&18 cover the International Transfer of U18s.

The problem with the game is that players like this should be coming through the Angolian clubs, as if they appear on a free they'll retire before anyone can sign them (unless you offer them a pre-contract before they turn 18, but then they don't develop) as the Angolian teams (and other teams from small nations) make no attempt to sign these players, or the players aren't interested, so you end up with dozens of free players being generated and retiring every year.

ok, so he can't 'officially' sign for an EU club till he is 18, that's fine. so why can't we go into an agreement with a club in say, the US or Africa, where the player is paid his wages by us, but doesn't join till he is 18? surely this would be allowed by FIFA.

Archived