ME Realism

I've read that a few people are getting results by making obscure tactics, which aren't used in real life. Is the ME realistic? Is it worth making a tactic based on solid footballing knowledge or am I better off trying to find exploits because reading some threads is beginning to make me disheartened. I'd rather design a realistic tactic than one that uses one defender five forwards, etc, etc...

I want to play to win. That's the whole point. I was just wondering if I had to think a bit outside the box in order to get the best results. I'm only asking as I've noticed that the ME can't replicate some realistic tactics (4-3-2-1 being one of them). So I was wondering if trying to get a tactic down to a tee is a bit of a waste of time.

If you want to win by creating a great tactic you can, if you want to win by going out to beat the game you can, if you want to spend hours tweaking things you can, if you want to spend 10 minutes creating a 1-1-8 formation you can.

Its FM, play it how you want. If all you care about it winning, and you dont care how you win, then yes, use an exploit tactic, if you want to feel like you have earned it a bit more then build your own tactics based on your footballing knowledge.

i think with modern advancements in gaming in general and the AI games are starting to improve and develop, i think FM is at a major crossroad now.

Gamers are demanding highly intelligent AI that challenges human thinking. Many games are putting in high cost in developing AI for the games as the demand rises. Especially in FPS games.

Its either in the FM 13 or FM 14, where SI maybe can be more lax in the development of AI and just improve the ME. I think in about 2-3 years there is going to be threads of AI being dumb and more exploits. About time SI ramped up the development of the AI.

Because if SI doesn't do it, someone else definitely would.

Archived