How long time will my players be NERVOUS

All my players are nervous, so Im cannot score goals any longer, and loose most matches 0-3. Occational 0-0.

Background info: lowest liga in Denmark. Pick a very strong team of amateurs. We win everything in sight, except for Superliga teams.

Half-way through, we get nervous, and suddenly loose midfield, have much fewer chances, and never scores.

I feel very depressed by this, since why bother going into all this detail about if my DL Fullback, playing support role and not defend role and tying his shoelaces with his left hand and always dribble but not before the 16th minute in the match.

When it's suddenly hard coded that no matter what, we cannot make goals.

And since Im new to FM, I took this opportunity to test all kind of team talks over 5 matches, doing 4 reloads.

My team lost 17 matches with 0-1, 0-2 or 0-3, with one 1-1 and two 0-0.

My players being nervous in all games.

Morale going down the drain.

Getting lotsa green positives from "relax" type team talk - and then we loose again.

I realise the game engine is just this way, but before I should give up and find the game plain boring.

Can any more experienced player tell me, for how long time will this last. Until this "most loose" flag is removed in game engine? 1 hours of real time, 2 hours, 1 season, or plain random??

There is no flag.

Its all down to your tactics, your team talks, the mental attributes (including hidden ones) of your players and lastly luck.

Work on not putting your players under pressure via teamtalks and focus on not conceding whilst trying to scrape the first goal in a match which will give your team confidence.

All my players are nervous, so Im cannot score goals any longer, and loose most matches 0-3. Occational 0-0.

Background info: lowest liga in Denmark. Pick a very strong team of amateurs. We win everything in sight, except for Superliga teams.

Half-way through, we get nervous, and suddenly loose midfield, have much fewer chances, and never scores.

I feel very depressed by this, since why bother going into all this detail about if my DL Fullback, playing support role and not defend role and tying his shoelaces with his left hand and always dribble but not before the 16th minute in the match.

When it's suddenly hard coded that no matter what, we cannot make goals.

And since Im new to FM, I took this opportunity to test all kind of team talks over 5 matches, doing 4 reloads.

My team lost 17 matches with 0-1, 0-2 or 0-3, with one 1-1 and two 0-0.

My players being nervous in all games.

Morale going down the drain.

Getting lotsa green positives from "relax" type team talk - and then we loose again.

I realise the game engine is just this way, but before I should give up and find the game plain boring.

Can any more experienced player tell me, for how long time will this last. Until this "most loose" flag is removed in game engine? 1 hours of real time, 2 hours, 1 season, or plain random??

Green arrows in team talks doesn't mean you win. Things are still up to tactics, player quality and what the opponent does. It seems like the match you are reloading and experimenting with is a match that comes after a few losses and poor form. To turn that around you may need to play cynically and defensive in order to score on the counter and make it difficult for the opponent to score on you. Play 5-4-1 or something in that match, and tell them either Calm-good luck or Calm-no pressure. They may still be nervous according to the in-match morale gadget, but nervousness isn't on/off; they are likely less nervous than if you tell them you expect them to win even though the gadget doesn't show a difference. The longer it takes for the odds-favourite opponent to score on you, the more nervous -they- become and even a draw in such a match is a good result at the end of a run of bad form, which you can use to boost morale by telling them they played well and it was a good result.

Do players get nervous after you win loads of matches, instead of gaining more confidence? I notice after winning like 10 or 11 straight, some players start to become nervous!

No the number of wins itself has nothing to do with it. Becoming the favourite for matches has everything to do with it. This happens to medium/small-sized clubs when good form is maintained over time.

Happens to top teams too. Start winning and the game cripples you with nerves or complacency. While you can manage it, eventually you will perform in one game (regardless of talks/media etc) as if you were an Ishmarian league team. Once you lose however, you can proceed to win hundreds of games in a row before it occurs again. Least that my over-exaggeration of it.

Happens to top teams too. Start winning and the game cripples you with nerves or complacency. While you can manage it, eventually you will perform in one game (regardless of talks/media etc) as if you were an Ishmarian league team. Once you lose however, you can proceed to win hundreds of games in a row before it occurs again. Least that my over-exaggeration of it.
it happens to the top teams, i'm in a stupid mid-season slump where i win by the odd goal. i started by smashing teams away and at home. now it is a struggle. then you got to throw in injures. turns into a bit of both

Yeah but big teams should have players and staff more capable of dealing with the pressure than smaller clubs which hasn't won anything.

From what I've seen the green arrows in team talks rarely correspond to a similar response on the pitch. Very rarely will a player who seemed motivated or delighted after the team talk actually seem motivated or play with confidence on the pitch afterwards, which is a slight annoyance. They don't become nervous though.

Yeah but big teams should have players and staff more capable of dealing with the pressure than smaller clubs which hasn't won anything.

Not always.

I've had all four first team strikers out injured, followed by both youth strikers who could deputise (in theory). Topped off with both emergency loan signings getting crocked on the journey to join the club (I assume they crashed into a tree...)

I'm just saying sometimes the game opens itself up to fixing things to prevent you from running away with it. The thing is at a top club like you say, it can be avoided via resources. Not gonna happen too well with the lower leagues though.

yea i know, i have the best ass man (that 80 year old guy :D) even your rooneys, valencias hamsiks etc are nervous, and i'm playing with no clear left winger thanks to 2 of them being injured (one injured in training on the same day he went into training from last injury) and a suspension. but i dont see why 9/11 players should "be nervous" away from home against spurs. a rival maybe but spurs?

i done lower league, i got 3 players out with bone fractures...... and it is septemeber :/

Archived