patch- tactic

A well-rounded tactic that's based on standard principles of real life football, and suits the players in your squad, will do well in any version and patch.

A specific tactic that's designed to exploit a flaw in the engine will work unrealistically well in the patch for which it was concoted, but it will become less useful in cases where the developers are able to find the weakness in the match engine and improve it.

What is the flaw in the ME? I fear my 3322 (3xCB, 3 across the middle, 2xAMCs and 2xStrikers) does this. I play control, through the middle, play ball into box and the L/R Midfielders are out 'wide' according to sliders. Is this an exploit?

I've been using the same 4-2-3-1 tactic since FM2010, roughly. The only adaptation was the introduction of position roles, which just reduced the amount of manual tweaking I have to do.

there are various exploits..

3 strikers up front for instance... the ai defence cant handle marking the middle striker when the two on either side are drifting wide or back... set your formation to do this and its just silly and a bit pointless

there are various exploits..

3 strikers up front for instance... the ai defence cant handle marking the middle striker when the two on either side are drifting wide or back... set your formation to do this and its just silly and a bit pointless

Late in a match though you would put 3 up front to try and salvage a point it something

It depends if the tactic exploits flaws in the match engine. A good, solid, well-rounded tactic is likely be just as effective after a patch. I'm still using the same tactic I created using FM11 :D

my tactics are the same from FM11 as well. i dont go that deep into them. i just make sure its balanced - not too many attacking players with long shots on regular etc.

Archived