IS it fair!?

Hi im manager of newcastle in my second season and for the second season running the fixtures have thrown out an identical problem - the fact that I have to play the 'big 4' one after the other at a point in the season!! I thought the comp does it randomly or is it always the same just with promoted clubs replacing relegated clubs!? Its a real bugger!

Hi im manager of newcastle in my second season and for the second season running the fixtures have thrown out an identical problem - the fact that I have to play the 'big 4' one after the other at a point in the season!! I thought the comp does it randomly or is it always the same just with promoted clubs replacing relegated clubs!? Its a real bugger!

i am arsenal and i get them grouped together frequently. i often get man utd, spurs, liverpool and chelsea in close succession, everton often around then too. it is random. you just tend to notice it a lot more if u get a bad run

i'm sure there's a random element but the randomness does seem to be skewed towards playing the big teams all in one go. icon_smile.gif

it happens to often for it to be truly random considering the many different fixture list out comes there could be.

alot of times i've load a game and found that i play arsenal chesea and manutd in the first 2 months of the season.

i quit and re=load and it's basically the same.

Did you know Apple had to re-program the "Shuffle" mode on the iPod as it was freaking people out?

People kept seeing patterns, having the same song repeat, the same artist over and again etc and so they complained it wasn't truly random.

Of course, that was happening because it was truly random. As a result they've had to make it so it's not truly random, so it will appear random.

It's an interesting window into how the human mind works I think.

So's this stuff.

I agree Dave C. The human mind tends to make patterns that aren't actually there. I've done the same thing in the past, thought something was happeneing in FM that was dodgy but upon looking closer, In realised that there was nothing dodgy at all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave C:

Did you know Apple had to re-program the "Shuffle" mode on the iPod as it was freaking people out?

People kept seeing patterns, having the same song repeat, the same artist over and again etc and so they complained it wasn't truly random.

Of course, that was happening because it was truly random. As a result they've had to make it so it's not truly random, so it will appear random.

So's this stuff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that certainly is interesting. and i've thought it wasn't truly random with my ipod because it seems to play the more well know bands more.

it plays metallica or monstermagnet or megadeth more than it plays anaal nathrakh or deicide.

i have about 7 deicide albums and 3 anaal so theres just as much chance of them being played than any of my metallica albums.

i've also had a few times where they play two songs in a row, by the same artist, from teh same album icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave C:

I get that with my mp3 player all the time. I have over 8000 songs on there, yet occasionally get the same song 3 times in an hour. Also really annoying when I get the same song twice in a row. Never considered the possibility that it could actually be random because I think it happens so often.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

I agree Dave C. The human mind tends to make patterns that aren't actually there. I've done the same thing in the past, thought something was happeneing in FM that was dodgy but upon looking closer, In realised that there was nothing dodgy at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh really?? why is that EVERY season i will always play againt my rivals in the same week i have a champs league game??? if it's random then the random function is bugged...

I get that with my mp3 player all the time. I have over 8000 songs on there, yet occasionally get the same song 3 times in an hour. Also really annoying when I get the same song twice in a row. Never considered the possibility that it could actually be random because I think it happens so often.

i've only got 3536 songs on my ipod. icon_frown.gif

I'm in my 5th season with Norwich in the Prem, and this has happened every season, sometimes twice a season.

Although as I am the current champions and with 10 games to go 2nd in this season, I suppose I am one of the "big 4" now.... icon_biggrin.gif

Archived