What is the hardest Season 1 relegation battle possible?

Hello!

Im looking to start a new career save, and was wondering if anyone can think of a Club to go in Season 1 where it is really really really difficult to keep them up, as in they are almost certain to be outclassed in the league?

I have already tried going the teams the media predict will finish last in BSN, BSS, and lowest danish and Northern Irish leagues, without finding the challenge I'm looking for, I think partly because the terrible level of players makes it too easy to sign players that are an improvement.

I have also tried the Christmas Challenge, and although in FM11 that gave me a battle I couldn't win, in the 2 or 3 times I've tried it in FM12 iv been way out the relegation zone within a month.

In the FM11 Christmas challenge mentioned above, I was given Wigan with 6 points, and although I went on to win countless champions leagues with them, that first season was so difficult it was the only time on FM i have watched every second of the highlights too nervous to breathe, (ended up being comfortably relegated with 1 game to go), rather than casually watching FM in amongst internet browsing. I miss those days

So, is there any team at the start of FM12, at any level, that is hopelessly out of its depth?

Having had it brought to my attention, I apologise for posting in the wrong place, not least due to my own previous views on other's transgressions in this area. If anyone suitable qualified is reading and finds it necessary to close/delete/move this thread, please feel free

Unless you get a club with a tight wage budget and possibly some debt, it's all too easy building up a squad capable of surviving, no matter how poor the starting players are compared to the rest of the league.

In FM10 I created an amateur side to start in Norwegian 2nd division, with NO players and the lowest reputation of the league, yet I managed to survive (with 5 points to spare) thanks to free transfers.

Unfortunately a human manager with a decent understanding of FM can pretty much exceed the media prediction by at least 5-6 positions

I agree completely RBKalle, which I was I was checking to see if anyone knew of anything especially hard.

I like the Portsmouth suggestion but did that in FM11 and ended up CL Champions, I have also won CL with Peterborough in FM12

Has the task at Portsmouth got noticeably harder since FM11? I know their financial troubles have got worse in the matrix

Archived