How many good saves do you get in each edition of FM?

I ask because after a very enjoyable save with QPR, which I eventually left after making several silly mistakes (letting my best player leave on a free), I have started a number of new games, and have completely failed to get into any of them. Now I have fired up my QPR game once again, and hopefully it will last me until FM13 comes out.

So have you had more than one enjoyable save in FM, or do you only ever stick with one?

Uh depends really on FM11 I had four which lasted me a year , Newcastle - challenged for title too quicker than I imagined , Ajax- was repetitive after 4 seasons of dominate the league and try and get as far as possible in EPL and Man Utd x2 - ( was playing one till FM12)

One save in FM10, one save in FM11, still going!

Its the year 2035, and for the last 10 years I have been in charge of a high-level feeder club (feeder in that it produces youth for Juventus, while aging veterans from Juve or looking for a new challenge head to Sevilla).

I hated seeing players who I groomed from 17-28 go and be stars for 3-5 years for some other team, so this way, if a player is really keen on a change of scenery I transfer them to Sevilla. Also, it allows me to develop more youth simultaneously, my favorite part of the game next to winning trophies. Nothing quite like seeing that diamond in the rough become a world-beater! Lastly, having a team in Spain lets me sign ALL those Brazilian, Argie and African talents I want, whereas in Italy I would be restricted to 1 every season! So I can sign them, give them a Spanish passport, then see what their future holds (be it a life in Italy or Spain)!

I think FM09 was the last version where I had more than one save, and that was because my laptop died.

I know people moan about bugs, but the recent versions have made it much easier to have one save all year, which wasn't always easy with the earlier versions.

I played two saves in FM11, as I wanted to start a new game from the bottom of a division after hitting a wall in the first save (and not wanting to move to a different big club).

FM12, I've only really had one successful save, and now I'm on my third club in my third decade.

Archived