training facilities cancelled after being built

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Just completed my second season and at the very last minute they cancelled it to do other work even though the work was complete. Here are some screen shots.

xe1y0y.jpg

This one shows that the two facilities have been announced as being upgraded. The youth facilities and a stadium expansion. The next shot is the funny one

34efdxi.jpg

Notice how the work that has previously been cancelled (due to the lack of funds) has actually been completed.

Now is this a bug or something?

Board said they were expanding the stadium and then checked the board overview and it says cancelled. Check to see if they announced it but they didnt and the work says it is due for completion at x date and it gets completed!

Thank you, I have never had anything cancelled by the board before so didnt know it did that. Thanks guys

Although................can anyone explain the logic of cancelling something that would of already had money spent on it? I mean the work started on 3rd November 2012 and the date in my current save is 27th of may 2013. Thats nearly 7 months of work completed. What a waste of time and money that was!!

Oh just found the same game but an older save and found this

119s8x3.jpg

The date of that last picture is 27th April 2013. By the 24th of October the work would of been done, only another 5 months. Doesnt make sense but if this is what real life owners do no wonder football is buggered!!

I raised an issue in the bugs forum a couple of months ago that I hope has been fixed. My Board had approved the improvement of training and youth training facilities at a cost of 4.2mil.

A day after I won the Championship playoff to gain promotion to the Premier League my Board cancelled the upgrade due to 'lack of funds', even though I had 3mil in the bank and promotion to the Premier League was going to bring in a huge amount of additional TV revenue.

It would've been nice for the Board to consider future revenue before cancelling the upgrade, or to cancel just one of the upgrades.

@andypass I think thats what doesnt make sense to me. Why would the board waste money doing up some of it then cancel it when it was over half the way completed.

@mije1983 cheers fella, will keep an eye open for that date in my game to see what happens.

The board isn't wasting any money because no money is spent when they are planning. If you request a new facility during the season, they can't start building until the end of the season since they won't upgrade the facilities during the season. So the only time that money will be spent is when the bar changes to "in progress."

I am at West Ham and had the same. The facilities upgrade was scrapped but by accident I stumbled across it months later and they were "green" again and scheduled for completion in 2013. Nice of the board to tell me that they had started work on them again!!

West Ham's board are awful in the game though. Measly transfer budget of 500K first season back in the Prem and in 3 long term games at the Club I have never achieved a feeder Club for merchandising. You work with one arm tied behind your back at the Hammers!!

Typical west ham then sussexhammer! Although in real life I think we may have more money to spend if we go up than si have given.

@slich I get you now, that bar that shows is just the planning side of things rather than any building.

basic details are here

planning stage usually if you ask during the season takes until the end of season (i taught myself to keep finances well above 20million in the black when upgrades are accepted)

then building stage from end of season until either august, september or october depending on the build time soon as construction starts any money you have left to spend spend it then i had a bad experience with my basingstoke save where it got to end of season and was in the red so was scrapped)

board waste money? really plenty of overpaid players, staff and board members so costantly wasting money however i dont think si have coded in costs so actually doesnt cost anything

bit like your own thoughts eg i think in my head i am planning to take my kids out to the play centre planning in head costs nothing but time but to follow through will cost money

Archived