New save, advice needed...

So, I'm looking to start a new save but I'm a bit stuck...

I've been having the same "rise to European greatness" with Rosenborg for years already, and last year I also had a great journeyman career going through Jubilo Iwata, Aalesund, Palmeiras, Sunderland, Chelsea and Barça.

Then I had a couple of good LLM careers in Norway with FM09-10.

The thing is I feel I've already played every possible type of career, or, more precisely, I've played every type of career I might enjoy several times.

The only one I sort of missed is the Top Club from Day One, but I'm quite sure I'll get bored with it around Season 3. Still it's been literally a decade since I had the chance to play with the "current superstars" instead of having to scout for cheap deals, hidden gems and promising newgens and finally becoming strong/popular enough when it's newgens only...

(not to mention the annoying fact I already know who the Great Catches are at almost every level...)

I was thinking about another "let's put that club on the map" career in nations I have no previous knowledge of, but it'd be hard to get into it (same problem I've always had with English LLM-extreme), and ultimately it'd be another rags-to-riches career where I end up on top when all the real players are long gone...

Are there some decent/interesting challenges I can give a shot to?

A new db with a different gameworld could be a decent change...

Withnail's challenge looks like an interesting setup, but a "no top clubs" is basically what's I've been doing for the last decade (usually sticking with Rosenborg until I won the Champions League and the Club World Championship and got bored with the save).

The downside of said save (and of the Swansea one suggested above) is that I'll have a shortlist of good players to bring in for cheap or for free, good enough to steal a EL finish (or a League Cup final) as early as in the second season [or if I get really really lucky in the opening season]

In the end if it's not an "extreme journeyman" save (with no strings attached whatsoever and in unexplored territories) I'm looking for a challenge on the market/financial side...

The only ones that spring to mind are Athletic (for the Basque-only policy), Monaco (poor attendance) and Liverpool (unreasonably high expectations). Or bringing Lyn Oslo back at the top (but then again, I'd be playing on home turf when it comes to transfers)

Rejuvenating Inter Milan could be half-decent too, but I just can't bring myself to manage them...

Other clubs that could really require some years and actual effort to achieve something? Or some nearly impossible feats I'm not aware of?

Archived