The AVR ratings of opposition players?

I cant understand I am with Arsenal my best player Fierro has 27 matches 23 goals 8 assists and has avr rating of 7.60...

I go to Barcelona and Messi AVR IS 8.80 and all their players.. MY players can never win individual awards because Barca/Real/Bayern Munchen/Inter have all their players in 8.50..

WHy is htat. I have loaded their leagues but I think the computer simulates their matches without reports...

Has your player had some poor performances that have dragged his rating down?

Messi having such a high average rating is hardly unusual given how good a player he is. I also doubt all the players on those teams have such high average ratings. I can understand Barca and Real having a number of players with such high average ratings as they are two teams that are vastly superior in quality to the rest of their league.

Bayern might not be so dominant irl but on paper at least they have the most talent out of any other german club.

I go to Barcelona and Messi AVR IS 8.80 and all their players

Messi's not a good example... his Average Rating is very overrated... in my game, he's had very poor seasons (Too few goals and assists) in which Barcelona failed to win anything or even get close to... and his AVR was still over 8. In fact, my lead striker at Manchester City got 67 goals in 64 games (40 in 36 for the EPL) in the same season, while winning every competition City played... and he had a worse AVR than a Messi who had less than 10 goals an assists in the entire season!!!

As an example, I watched a Barcelona match in which Messi got the Man of Match award despite the fact that one of his teammates scored two goals. Oh, and Messi hardly did anything. Just a good pass completion percentage (No assists, and hardly any shots on goal)

Either the game is very biased for Messi (Unsurprising as nearly all media overrate him; surpising as no one else is given this treatment) or high Dribbling-and-related-attributes mean extremely high AVR

OP makes a good point. I think it depends on which leagues are actually played in the background and which leagues are simulated. If you play in la liga for example, the player ratings seem to follow how well they are doing with respect to goals and assists. However, players in other leagues where the results are generated, say epl, are generally given high ratings regardless of how they contribute to their respective matches.

For example on my arsenal save with match detail for only premier league games (la liga matches generated);

Messi season1; league app 33, goals 23, assist 16. AVR 8.41

Messi season2; league app 29, goals 11, assist 5. AVR 8.01

On my villarreal save with match detail for la liga matches

Messi season1; league app 32, goals 37, assist 16. AVR 8.18

Messi season2; league app 14, goals 17, assist 7. AVR 8.29

Top players are generally given high ratings when the league they play in generates scores without match detail even when they are not contributing enough goals and assists. I personally think the generation of results in other leagues without match detail needs a lot of work from SI as leagues can become rather unrealistic

A workaround could be to put on match detail for the other major leagues through 'detail level' but as you can imagine this would slow down your game speed. If only FM was 64bit.

Archived