Cardiff FC

Doyle

Hello gents,

I'm playing FM 07 here and am playing with Cardiff FC, did a search and could not find a thread with Cardiff so created one. So far, pretty difficult.

Just had an offer for 1.2m for Darren Purse, any thoughts?

alrite mate icon14.gif

your newer than me so welcome

tbh i think a 1.2 million pound offer would be too good to turn down, for this amount of money you could invest in 2 quality youth players that can play in the same position mate, but its your call

So far, 3 games played, 1 draw and 2 losses. I asked for 2.5 for Purse and they rejected. It's going to be steering clear of relegation with this team, then selling everyone at the end.

How about yourself who do you manage?

Thank you Sam,

Frazier Campbell said he is not interested in moving to Cardiff, so I loaned Joe Hart, bought Dimitar Iliev and a defender from Brazil.

I would like to know, do you think it's worth keeping Hasslebaink and Fowler, or do you think I should sell and buy some pacey strikers? I don't score much despite changing my tactics to suit the strikers.

Originally posted by WelshDragonZ:

It is quite easy to get promoted. I have won it on many occasions with the mighty bluebirds. Currently just finished 3rd season in Prem and got 6th

Any tips mate? I am struggling at the moment

I'm on 4th season with Sheff Utd, 1st season I landed on 2nd place in Championship and got a promotion. Bought Marko Marin, Ääritalo, Hämmalainen(both from TPS) and maybe one more, cant really remember, dont got the game here.

2nd season I landed on a 8th place in Premier League, having bought Luiz Jiminez and Rabiola, 3rd season I ended on a 4th place and bought Skrtl, Nordtveit, Lloris(Keeper, french, 12M UK pounds, never done such a bargain before, absolutely world-class keeper)

I'm in ECC Group stage atm, drawing with AC Milan away, this year I bought wing-backs, Srna left-side and José San Román right-side, with brilliant Vanden Borre that can play right-back, center-back, defensive midfielder, wing-back right, midfielder right and midfielder center, he plays well on all those places.

Originally posted by WelshDragonZ:

i downloaded a freat tactic called nwcastle home but not sure where from!!

I will take a look.

Cheers mate icon14.gif

I'm about 15th at the moment, Aaritalo is doing well and I have Kasper Schmichael in goal. This is my team:

GK: Schmichael

DR: Gunter

DC: Adriano

DC: Loovens

DL: Capaldi

MR: Mcphail/Parry - Sinclair is injured

ML: Leto (Loan from Liverpool)

MC: Ledley

MC: Scimeca

FC: Aaritalo

FC: Musasa/Iliev/Fowler

SB1: Turnbull

SB2: Scott Cuthbert

SB3: Diego Marangon

SB4: Gavin Rae

SB5: Steven Thompson

Any suggestions, improvements, recommendations welcome

Aaritalo is out for 2 months! icon_mad.gif I bought Doudin the Swiss striker, he scored on his debut, so far I'm 14th in the league I got Taarabt on loan from Tottenham but the injury table has got 11 of my players...

I'm out to get revenge for the teams loss today icon_wink.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Away form is not so good, but home form is ok, playing with so many injuries at the moment, Dimitar Iliev has played very well netting 8 goals in 16 matches, pretty good. Diego Marangon is starting to perform and I sold a few players in the transfer window

get Bogdan stancu mate i created cardiff ones not enough posts to keep it up you look your doing ok keep up the good work.

Gregory thil-boulougne

Get a goalkeeper sell purse keep defence maybe jack hobbs off Liverpool get a parent club and get some loan signings off them(parent club-is notmally a top 4 club)

Fowler did ok for me, Jimmy has got 4 in 5, they are both pretty good, the wage is high but they are performing, I can't get anichebe atm if I sell those two, who could I buy? I also need a DM as Scimeca and Rae are not so good

Originally posted by saulty2805:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Doyle:

Dimitar Iliev, he looks a real prospect

Who is this guy, you seem to have a lot of apreciation for him. Wheres he from, how old, how much etc.. thnx </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's a Bulgarian striker I bought for about £240k, finishing of 14 and pace of 14, he's 17 when I bought him, quite a prospect. I told him to get tutored by Robbie Fowler, his finishing could be better, but until I improve the coaches it went shoot up that much. Still he is quite lethal in some games, with him and doudin and Aaritalo I could have a real force next season.

Seba Leto is playing well he scored an overhead kick for me, I am trying to buy Victor Anichebea any recommendations for a RB as Gunter has been played too much this season

Try Sam Sodje for RB mate! Also sign Pablo Piatti if he hasn't already been snapped up! Brian McLean from Motherwell is a quality centre back, will cost you a couple of hundred grand but he is much better than Purse so will give you an improved defence with a profit. Buszaky from Plymouth and Gabriel Torje are also musts!

Cheers Rossini man,

I finished a cool 10th, not bad, only lost 3 home games all season, trying to sign a GK as Kasper Schmichael has loan finished, players are on a break now as I assess where I need improvement, might need a new AMR as Paul Parry is going at the end of the season, selling Robbie Fowler and Hasslebaink, Brian Mclean is getting offers from Man City and the likes! damn! I might buy Buszaky he looks solid, Torje is way to expensive atm.

Dimitar Iliev had a sound season, I predict he will really become a quality player next season

Zieler from Man Utd becomes a great keeper. Buszaky was the best 500k I ever spent in the championship. Try Peter Mate on a season long loan for a centre back, Johnny Evans and Havard Nordtveit are other possibilities on loan. Chris James could do a job on right midfield, he's now playing for Marseille on my game but i'm 4 seasons in so he may need time to improve a bit first.

Originally posted by Rossini:

Zieler from Man Utd becomes a great keeper. Buszaky was the best 500k I ever spent in the championship. Try Peter Mate on a season long loan for a centre back, Johnny Evans and Havard Nordtveit are other possibilities on loan. Chris James could do a job on right midfield, he's now playing for Marseille on my game but i'm 4 seasons in so he may need time to improve a bit first.

I have a transfer budget of 190k and Zieler costs 300k and Nordviet 300k so I offered to pay for 24 months, released Jimmy Floyd Hasslebaink and trying to sign Mokoeana on a free. Selling Gavin Rae for 120k and might sell Whittingham for 625k as he didn't do much for me. Dimitar Iliev finishing has gone up by 1 stat! icon14.gif

I bought two brazilian kids at AMC and DM they will form my midfield this season, I need a MR as Paul Parry left and Willo Flood does not look to play that well, I signed another striker called Niculae, he's cover in case Aaritalo gets injured again. Zieler rejected me, Nordviet signed a new contract, but might try to loan him, Chris James looks decent, I really need a keeper though atm, any tips more than welcome. I got Dean Hudson tutored and he is starting to look a decent player. Joe Ledley is worth 1.4m! I hardly played him though..

Try and either get a keeper on loan, or maybe go for someone like Preston Edwards or there's another keeper called Keenan you can get for cheap, can't remember his first name. Also, there's a great young keeper at Bologna but I can't remember his name either, but just have a look at the youngest cheapest keeper at Bologna and get the scout to search him. Newcastle's Steve Harper is another possibility but i'm not sure if he would be interested or if you could afford his wages.

Cheers man,

I got David Martin from Liverpool on loan, and Chris James at AMR, Gulsvik as cover, might be getting Brian Mclean on loan aswell, Iliev and Gunter are very much improved, my midfield duo of Labarthe and Adilson looks promising I also have been developing Dean Hudson into a quality centre back, doubt I will promotion this season but no probs, mid-table and sell some players is cool

How's Chris James performing? He's one to keep hold of, he will keep improving and become one of the best midfielders in the division and will become Premiership class. Any other positions that need strengthening?

3 games in so far, and he's done well, very good at heading. I am 3rd in the league, in playing a 5-3-2 I am looking a side capable of winning alot of games, transfer activity is starting as I have sold Peter Whittingham to Wolves for 1.2m a move that I pondered but I had to sell him as I have Diego Marangon there, Peter Ridsdale decides that a 2.5m bid for Joe Ledly is "too good to turn down" so steps in to make the decision, he's moved to Leicester despite me not wanting to sell him. I have 3.9m to spend as of the moment, with Glen Loovens deciding he wants to move to a big club, ideally I'd like to buy two new centre backs and possibly cover at right back - Iliev has got 3 goals in 2 games Aaritalo has got 3 in 3 but so far Darcy Blake has been the performer in the midfield.

I'm also putting in a loan for Anichibe as cover, a centre back really is the priority however.

Buy Danny Shittu, usually he costs between 2-3 million but he's worth every penny! What's the news on Brian McLean? Jonathan McKain is also very good stats wise.

For cover at right back try Romanian Cristian Sarghi, he can also play centre back and will do very well as the right sided centre back of the back 3. Also have a look at the Venezuelan right back, Leopold Jimenez.

Also if you don't want to sell a player change the players status to "reject all offers". Any bids will then get automatically rejected.

They rejected my bids for Shittu and Mclean is not interested in a move to Cardiff, Mckain is not in the game for me, Jiminez looks decent for 50k, I'm getting bids for Gunter, Aaritalo and Iliev. Anichibe also rejected a move to Cardiff, at this rate I might just higher some expensive coaches and make my training 5 star. Glen Loovens in injured for months, he really needs to be playing for my team to defend well. Niculae has played but not good I want to sell half the team really - I might improve my facilities aswell either that or launch a bid for someone pricey

Try Fraizer Campbell, Agbonlahor or Dong Fangzhou for strikers on loan. There's another Romanian centre back called Mardare who's decent. Zander Diamond from Aberdeen could be another possibility maybe? Keep checking the transfer list and loan list, any decent centre backs on the transfer list put a cheeky loan bid in. There's an old South American centre back called Sosa or Sota I think, he should be cheap as he's in his mid 30's. See if Carbonari is still on your game as well as he's quality. I'm trying to rack my brains to help, will go on my game later and see who else I can find for you.

cb's = lamine diatta (free)

matthew spiranovic

heinikangas

loties

tunchev

mauricio romero

kouassi

j. maidana

kuivasto

Rb's = perrier-doumbe

van zanten

fousseni diawara

tacelfred

philips evans

ibrahim tall

arthur sorin

simon francis

angel rangel

romain elie

bold = my recommendation

all are under 500k , most under 200

Nice list there! One other name i'd like to mention is Max Johansson. He can play either centre back or right back. I'm in my 5th season and Liverpool just sold him for 18.5 million, at the start of the game he can be picked up for peanuts!

I havn't played for a few days, but I'll play this week, thanks for the list welshace and the contributions rossini, I'll check these players later on. I am thinking about selling some players though, and improving my facilities

Second season is going relatively ok. I'm in 10th at the moment, but was first two games ago, lost two games away due to defensive mistakes and I just do not have good defenders!, I got Thomas Peckhart on loan as Aaritalo was getting into a funny mood, Iliev is decent, although the continuous change of formation is probably effecting him. I play 4-4-2 at home and 5-3-2 away. Any recommendations for away formations?

I will look at those players I also bought Grimaldi for defensive cover, Chris James is doing well at right wing.

Got some players arriving in January, btw do both of you notice how many dissalowed goals you get? SO frustrating.

Off to check those players

Hello mate,

I'm doing alright, 7th at the moment with about 12 games left of the season, 7 points off second place. Doing pretty well, Thomas Peckhart has been great up front, 15 goals in 23 games, really great player, Doudin has played the last 3 games doing well. Illiev has done decent and is valued at 1.6m. I bought Simon Walton from Nottingham Forest for 2.5m, I probably overpaid for him as he hasn't played that well so far. Labarthe has been a performance player with 9 goals this season and lots of assists. I sold Scimeca for a bit, not a bad season. Chris James has been doing well and on the left Niculae and Marangon have been pretty good. Got the training facilities updated to good and I have generally improved the team. Would like to finish in the playoffs this season but my away form is not the best.

Going to try to purchase two new centre backs this summer to challenge for the title, which means I have to sell one of my top players. If I finish above 10th from last season though, its cool

I got Matt Green's pace up for 20 and acceleration to 19, he is an "explosive striker" - this lad is going to play for the rest of the season, his finishing is 7 but with pace like that he will be a great player to play alongside Peckhart.

Archived