Played 2012 for the 1st time today

Terrible. Just terrible. Massive backwards step. What's with all the injuries? Why do you STILL have to have twice as many chances as the opposition before you score? What's is with the constant GLARING goalkeeper errors? Why, every time you make your third and final substitution, do you immediately get an injury? Why has nothing been fixed, but a million new things added?

I couldn't even begin to work on developing a game such as this, but I do pay money to SI (every year), and this year,what a rip off.

You've only played it once. Aren't you jumping to a few conclusions?

Played it for several hours (about 10). More than enough time for my opinion to be formed. Last years was very good, but they seem to have gone away from the platform they set with it. Cluttered with too many new things IMO (for the 2nd poster, I am allowed an opinion).

I caved in and bought the game before the last patch came out - £14 from Amazon was too good to resist. There are a few small things that will no doubt be fixed in the patch, but overall the game is very slick and easy to play, and feels pretty realistic. I banged out a couple of seasons last year in FM 2011, but this is certainly an improvement.

Terrible. Just terrible. Massive backwards step. What's with all the injuries? Why do you STILL have to have twice as many chances as the opposition before you score? What's is with the constant GLARING goalkeeper errors? Why, every time you make your third and final substitution, do you immediately get an injury? Why has nothing been fixed, but a million new things added?

I couldn't even begin to work on developing a game such as this, but I do pay money to SI (every year), and this year,what a rip off.

Which team did you start with?

what team do you play and how do you deal with the injury problem?

What injury problem is this you speak of? I've played over 500 hours and am yet to witness anything I would class as an injury problem. I think this game is the dogs unmentionables and I can't get enough. If only I could play for a living instead of having a real job. Oh well.

I somewhat agree. Shedloads of chances compared to opposition almost all the time and they get bugger all and score at the most bs times(like I have had 20/15 on target, they have 3/1, yet their GK is not having a blinder either!!). I have noticed another thing, my team smacks it for the first 4/5 of the season, I should run away with the league or atleast be comfortable, my team always doesnt seem to give a crap and plays the last 6-7 games like an Under 6 side, and then proceed to draw and lose games we should win....Has caused me a few playoffs/promotions/championships. I have also noticed the 3rd sub thing sometimes...especially when you sub all three before about 65 mins.

Still, am in the 12th season and have bought FM since CM97/98 anyways, cause it still is THE football management game. Pity about these little niggles, they are trying!!!

Archived