Why do we have to be so nasty to each other?

It seems a shame that the most effective team talk method involves speaking aggressively to the players. It doesn't really account for an individual's personality. It appears that being aggressive is a necessary evil purely because if you're calm and positive the players pay no attention and couldn't care less.

I think this needs to be changed. I can't imagine that Wenger growling at Ramsey would "fire him up".:mad:

I hardly ever use an aggressive tone with my team, only when we're losing (or have lost) a match I expected us to win, and I'm top of the league doing this. I rarely use a calm talk however, I don't see how being calm at the start of a match is particularly motivating. Passionate or assertive are my two preferred choices.

I occasionally use an "aggressive" tone at half-time if I'm not happy, but never any other time. I have noticed that it works quite well in the second half but it's far from being my preferred method. Unlike Kain, I almost always use "calm". Seems to work well. I'm confused by "passionate" as it always seems to have so few options within it and the options you do get are rarely the kind of things you'd expect someone to say in a passionate tone. Plus, the players never seem to respond to "passionate".

Can I take it that if there's no reaction then the team talk will have no positive effect on performance? The aggressive approach almost always motivates players so at least it works even if I don't like using it.

I'll try 'calm' and 'pressure off' and see if that's effective.

I also almost always start with a Calm tone. It seems to work just fine.

I started with 'calm' and 'no pressure' and the players were relaxed but is that a good thing?

We went on to lose 1-0 and it was the final nail in the coffin - I've been sacked! I'm finding FM12 really tough! The team talk feature is a nice idea but it feels frustratingly inconsistent. It feels a little like jumping through hoops to get a reaction.

I'll move onto a new club but I'm still none the wiser as to how to speak to my team. I know what I would want to say in real life but it doesn't produce the necessary reaction and so my team don't perform. Any further thoughts or advice would be appreciated because being sacked is a rare FM experience and I don't like it.

Archived