Youth intakes

hi everyone

does anyone know what happens to the youth players we do not sign on youth contracts within the game? from what i have noticed they disappear

it would be ideal for them to stay in the game and approach other clubs (or at least other clubs can sign them) (at least a portion of them)

e.g. when managing a lower division club, some of the players that were on the youth intake of the top division clubs could be offered to you after their trial has finished

is there a way of seeing who is released, i.e. in the transfer area so that I can see which club they were at as the only way I can see it now is by doing player search for unattached....when do they become free?

Edit: I have found where it shows the youth intakes but there is no way to filter out who has been signed up and who has been released

is there a way of seeing who is released, i.e. in the transfer area so that I can see which club they were at as the only way I can see it now is by doing player search for unattached....when do they become free?

Edit: I have found where it shows the youth intakes but there is no way to filter out who has been signed up and who has been released

You can view the youth players released by a specific club by going into their transfer history and choosing youth players, there should be outwards (i.e. released) as well as inwards (i.e. intake) shown for all years after the first year.

I don't believe that the youth players you got on a trial basis are mentioned in the transfer history when they left your club.

Well, at least in my game, they aren't. I don't have the last message (youth intake) anymore to check, but four players (age 14-15) which I didn't sign on, were released from the club after their trial was over. In my transfer history, I only see three youth players having left the club this season and they're all 17/18 and they spent the past few years with the club.

I don't believe that the youth players you got on a trial basis are mentioned in the transfer history when they left your club.

Well, at least in my game, they aren't. I don't have the last message (youth intake) anymore to check, but four players (age 14-15) which I didn't sign on, were released from the club after their trial was over. In my transfer history, I only see three youth players having left the club this season and they're all 17/18 and they spent the past few years with the club.

that is correct. however i will check whether the youth departures on the "world transfers" screen (waiting for the release day now)

Archived