Tactical consistency? Really? Who cares?

TSH

I'm always amazed by the illogical design decisions this game makes.

For some time now I've been seeing in my manager profile a meter for tactical consistency. At first I thought that it was some mistake by SI but this has remained.

What for? Who cares about tactical consistency when I get results? Why not put in there "tactical ability? or "tactical knowledge?" Wouldn't it make more sense? Of course it would.

Besides we could see this little bar fill up with each success or even some clever use of tactics (if SI would actually add some depth to the mechanic). We would have this graphical representation of us becoming a better manager, just like our players gain tactics knowledge.

But tactical consistency?? Who on earth thought of that? Do players actually look at the meter and say "oh, look I've managed to become consistent with my tactics, it's great."

Please change this to something that makes sense.

Thanks.

What on earth are you complaining about? Doesn't even make sense.

It's not good or bad as the post above says. Some managers don't care if the opposition knows what they are going to do so long as their team can go out and do it (Allardyce for instance), while others like to keep the opponent guessing.

Because "Tactical Knowledge" is hardly a stat quantifiable by a percentage bar.

Our players use it, in the tactics screen. It shows how knowledgeable they are of a tactic.

That would be much greater help if we, as managers, had the same. We would know when we know a tactic good enough to get the most out of the players or we could see how are actually getting better understanding new tactics etc, compared to great managers.

I wonder why SI doesn't actually expand on a feature like this and give our manager characteristics based on our career? Are we known as tactical geniuses or as passionate managers who inspire our players?

Also, we have a meter for discipline (and other meters). The game doesn't acknowledge any of it in relation to the football world. Does the press talk about how strict we are as managers? Do players actually care? Does a team look for a strict manager when it searches for a new manager?

Man, we need to have the world respond to us much better, it's not that difficult and it would add an amazing tactical/rpg/progression layer in the game.

How about some serious steps forward, eh SI?

But tactical consistency? Pfft... Who cares?

Our players use it, in the tactics screen. It shows how knowledgeable they are of a tactic.

That would be much greater help if we, as managers, had the same. We would know when we know a tactic good enough to get the most out of the players or we could see how are actually getting better understanding new tactics etc, compared to great managers.

I wonder why SI doesn't actually expand on a feature like this and give our manager characteristics based on our career? Are we known as tactical geniuses or as passionate managers who inspire our players?

Also, we have a meter for discipline (and other meters). The game doesn't acknowledge any of it in relation to the football world. Does the press talk about how strict we are as managers? Do players actually care? Does a team look for a strict manager when it searches for a new manager?

Man, we need to have the world respond to us much better, it's not that difficult and it would add an amazing tactical/rpg/progression layer in the game.

I actually do care...

But seriously what are you moaning about?

I actually do care...

But seriously what are you moaning about?

I'm not moaning, I'm simply telling you that tactical consistency is useless and we should have another attribute that actually makes sense.

It's just a small thing but it can expand to include some serious advancements in our relationship with the game world.

And you said you care? Why? Please tell me how this is useful.

Who cares about a tactical knowledge stat bar? How would it be useful?

I already know how good my tactical knowledge is, because I can see the results on the pitch. I don't need a bar to show my tactical knowledge.

Do you actually think it isn't difficult to, as you put it, " have the world respond to us much better". If AI and interaction would be as easy as you think don't you think it would be a lot more advanced in the game than it is? During the years I've been around this forum the thing you say is not that difficult has been among the most discuessed and sought after features and improvements in the game and I would think that if it was easy it would be at a totally different level than it is today.

Tactical consistency is actually referred to at some points if your team is struggling the media can have a go at you for not experimenting. What I find a bit strange however is that you can't see that kind of stat for the other managers in game since you get to see information about them that in my opinion would be harder to measure for an outsider.

I'm not moaning, I'm simply telling you that tactical consistency is useless and we should have another attribute that actually makes sense.

It's just a small thing but it can expand to include some serious advancements in our relationship with the game world.

And you said you care? Why? Please tell me how this is useful.

How would a tactical knowledge bar be any more useful is the question that you are failing to address. As Kenco said, tactical knowledge can be judged accurately by looking at results on the pitch. Especially those where tactical changes have been made before or during a match.

And I still have no idea how the idea that you're after could be implemented. For a player it is all about knowing one's role, whereas for a manager it is all about tinkering (which is covered by the tactical consistency bar) and which is therefore more subjective and harder to measure.

Archived