New patch

That's how it was for me with FM2007. I started playing it seriously in March.

I was eagerly anticipating FM2008 but I haven't played at all because my PC is showing its age and the graphics weren't available at the start. I will probably start a long career with a Conference team once the patch is released.

Still it remains a disgrace that a game is only playable only 6 months afther his release. and even that is not yet sure.

I bought S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 3 months afther it's release and there were already two patches out which fixed the most bugs( and there were a lot in)

If the new patch fixes the XML parsing problem, I will definitely start a new game. If not, I'll probably only start a new game if the other problems have been addressed AND you need to start a new game in order to make the changes effective.

As it happens, I started about 4 or 5 games in 07 before the 7.0.2 patch, and only one after it came out, one of my longer career games since I started playing CM/FM.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sebsy:

Every year I buy FM around February/March time when all the patches are out icon_biggrin.gif

Also nicely down in price by then also icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs. though i will start with the 8.0.1 database and not the january one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gunnerfan:

Well, first of all, many FM gamers want the January transfers. Secondly, we don't know which is taking longer, the transfers or other patching that has to be done.

Steady on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I didn't say don't release a patch with the Jan transfers! I said release one now for people that don't want them, then release one later for all the people that do want the transfers! Understand now? icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JohnPM:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gunnerfan:

Well, first of all, many FM gamers want the January transfers. Secondly, we don't know which is taking longer, the transfers or other patching that has to be done.

Well I didn't say don't release a patch with the Jan transfers! I said release one now for people that don't want them, then release one later for all the people that do want the transfers! Understand now? icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understood perfectly. My point was twofold - 1) you don't know which is holding up the release of the patch and 2) I doubt very much that SI would want to have to deal with setting up two separate patches.

Understand now?

(picking up eyes and rolling them back)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MarkTCfc:

If i update to patch 8.0.1 will i still be able to continue the game i started with 8.0.0 ???? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did that, and I was able to continue my game, but the fixture scheduling bug was not fixed, so I started a new game anyway.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JohnPM:

Well I didn't say don't release a patch with the Jan transfers! I said release one now for people that don't want them, then release one later for all the people that do want the transfers! Understand now? icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understood perfectly. My point was twofold - 1) you don't know which is holding up the release of the patch and 2) I doubt very much that SI would want to have to deal with setting up two separate patches.

Understand now?

(picking up eyes and rolling them back) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well my point is that SI always claim they are holding up the patch until the January transfers are all added. All I am saying is release an earlier pact without them. They have enough of our money to work a bit harder icon_razz.gif

Sorry about the sarcastic remarks before!

I get wound up about this game lol and the fact is, that for the first time (since Champ Man 1) I feel like the game was better with last year's version. IMHO 2008 has taken a step back (gameplay and bugs wise).

In terms of bugs, there are a couple that really drive me batty. The XML parsing error is the worst, but the fixture rescheduling was pretty bad, too.

In terms of gameplay, the match engine clearly has some problems, and they seem to have become worse since 8.0.1. But there are other aspects of the game that I like very much, and overall I think it's a better game than 7.0.2.

This is the first version in which I've used the 1 week trial so extensively. For some reason, scouts respond with fewer attributes than they used to, so with unsigned players, the only way to see all their attributes before signing them is to get them in for a trial. My pre-season training session looked like I was holding open tryouts!

As for getting wound up, don't worry about it. I find this version to be the most addictive in years simply because I can't rest without solving the tactical problems. icon_biggrin.gif

Archived