Cannot scout outside the UK

I'm Gloucester in the Blue Square North and none of my scouts have the option to look outide of the UK. I guess that makes sense from a realistic point of view (though I'd still prefer the option) but am I correct in assuming that as I progress to higher leagues any my team gains in reputation, the option to send scouts to other regions will no longer be greyed out?

Thanks

Last year i managed to get UK & Ireland plus France with Boreham Wood while in BSS so it's possible to get an increase if they've kept it the same.

After that i managed to get all of Europe in BSP but i did have a decent amount of finances from good cup runs.

It used to be that Championship=Europe, premiership=no restrictions but they've made it more dynamic in later versions. Some lower league clubs are being allowed to scout certain nations outside their local region for example. Some are restricted to their regions way longer than others. As said, it depends on the board and finances.

Last year i managed to get UK & Ireland plus France with Boreham Wood while in BSS so it's possible to get an increase if they've kept it the same.

After that i managed to get all of Europe in BSP but i did have a decent amount of finances from good cup runs.

You were nearer Eurotunnel.

In reality, for many non-league clubs, the manager himself does his own scouting. Which club was it - Braintree I think, where the last manager quit because he asked the board to buy him a nicer car when they got promoted, so he could do his scouting better. They refused, he walked, they got a new manager and haven't looked back.

Anyway, shame more FM LLaMas dont do this - no salaried scout, just the human manager watching reserve/youth fixtures on his days off.

Anyway, shame more FM LLaMas dont do this - no salaried scout, just the human manager watching reserve/youth fixtures on his days off.

*cough*

This is something that I actually do in my offline game to supplement my scouts generally poor work ethic, unfortunately it is not very user friendly due to the 3D representation lacking a player-cam so following your potential target during the match can be rather tricky & means that I only do it if someone really good comes to my attention.

Archived