iPad version of FMH 2012

• SI Staff
Was just wondering if anyone has any info on FMHi 2012 and wether it will be a better skin that's more user friendly with iPads bigger screen,and any other new features and improvements

FMHi 2012 will contain a larger HD skin on the iPad an evolution of the iPad HD skin which already exists in FMHi 2011 on iOS (was part of one of the updates for that product during its normal life cycle).

This skin shows more information than the iPhone resolution skin (more rows displayed in tables etc.) and also has some pages specifically reworked to be as optimal as possible on the iPad.

(if there are any other ideas you have for improving things on the iPad please obviously let us know and we'll consider them for future updates)

Thanks Marc,will there be a nice homescreen with upcoming fixtures,recent results etc similar to psp version because I find it cumbersome to navigate pages whilst I do understand this skin was designed for ease of use on iPod/iPhone,one thing I have noticed is you cannot choose a captain on iPad version,will this improve in next game?there is alot I could ask but you probly can't tell me ha ha

Dec9693- cheers that would be a lot better,I like the fact you could see fixtures at a glance and the league table,I just thought with the iPads large screen it seems a bit wasted in the current game. Would be great to be able to tinker tactics right before a game instead of goin to the homescreen and tactics just to change them,also the ability to choose a captain because the influence stat seems wasted otherwise,a better match engine and a few added features and tweaks and FMHi 2012 will be a very good game.

• 1 month later...
  • SI Staff
Wow, I cannot drag the players to their positions on the left hand side of the screen (I-Pad). Therefore no chance to play the game!

Without more information I can only guess somewhat at what you're trying to do.

There are several approaches available for selecting a squad - the most common ones on the iPad are:

* Clicking the button next to a players name, this will select the next vacant (unselected) position for him if he doesn't have one already or de-select him if he does

* Dragging a position from an existing player onto another player

Can you try these and see if they work please.

Hi Marc

As in the old version:

I am clearing my team!

Than I drag the name of the player to the position button on the left hand side.

in the old version the player have been place on this positiion. Now it is not locking in!

If no player is in the team it does not make sense to drag one player over another. - nothing happens!

Clicking the button next to player indeed places the player on any free position. But I would have to move all around later on.

In the old 2011 version it worked fine and was handy to drag a players name straight to his planned position!

Regards

Oliver

• SI Staff

I am clearing my team!

Than I drag the name of the player to the position button on the left hand side.

in the old version the player have been place on this positiion. Now it is not locking in!

If no player is in the team it does not make sense to drag one player over another. - nothing happens!

Clicking the button next to player indeed places the player on any free position. But I would have to move all around later on.

If you are clearing the team and then selecting and click them in the order they are listed (top to bottom) then you shouldn't have to move any players around should you?

(but with regards to the other selection method - we'll look into it, thanks for the info)

If you are clearing the team and then selecting and click them in the order they are listed (top to bottom) then you shouldn't have to move any players around should you?

(but with regards to the other selection method - we'll look into it, thanks for the info)

Sorry I cannot get it. My players are listed in any order but not as I need it in my team. For instance my team is listed by position - 12 Midfielder - 3 open MC spots - I like to place midfielder No. 9 in the middle MC position. If I click him he will be placed on the top free spot and not in the middle.

Can I just fill in from now on by filling from top to bottom and why has been the direct option to drag been removed from the Ipad.

Thank you

Oliver

Dragging the players name onto the position tiles used to work in iFMH 2011 but is currently not an option available for selecting your squad. It is now necessary to drag the relevant position tile onto the players name. However, we are working towards getting this included for a future update.

Dragging the players name onto the position tiles used to work in iFMH 2011 but is currently not an option available for selecting your squad. It is now necessary to drag the relevant position tile onto the players name. However, we are working towards getting this included for a future update.

You remove a feature then promise that you're working towards including it a future update? Rofl.

• SI Staff
You remove a feature then promise that you're working towards including it a future update? Rofl.

It was accidentally disabled - it will very likely be put back in the second update, however Peter is simply erring on the side of caution just in case another change makes this impossible to implement easily.

(bear in mind Peter IS trying to help you chaps but isn't a developer so can't say definitely either way .... I know that a 'check in' containing the enabling of this has been put into source control, however it hasn't been validated by QA yet and until they have done so obviously it'd be errant of us to indicate it was definitely going to return for the update)

Archived