Fm2010 or Fm2011?

I haven't played a FM game in a few years and I want to start playing again. However, I do not plan on purchasing Fm2012 because I do not want to deal with steam.

So is there a sort of general consensus on which game is better, fm2010 or fm2011? Which do you recommend that I buy?

Also, though not imperative, is there any sort of patch for updated and current rosters for fm2010 and/or fm2011?

Thanks in advance.

fm11 has the most accurate 2012 updates in the editors hideaway on this forum so you should definitely go for that but saying you won't get fm12 cos of steam is silly, steam is pretty user friendly its really only stubborn people that don't want to change their ways that complain about its use

FM12 is soooo much better than 11, get the demo at least and i guarantee you won't regret it

You can find updates to season 2011/2012 for FM2010. But, FM2011 is better so why go on to play FM2010.

But, as Xechs said, install Steam and give it a go at FM2012 demo. The game is so good, that you will forget in one second all the rubish you have read about steam.

yea, i certainly didn't appreciate Xech generalizing me and calling me stubborn. Its ironic that he calls someone stubborn when he fallaciously postulates reasons for why I dont want to deal with steam based on his groundless assumptions.

Please, I really don't want to turn this into a debate on the negatives and positives of the unfortunate situation of Sega forcing you to use steam to play Fm2012. Apparently, there are many threads on that already.

Yea, I am definitely leading towards Fm11 Keyzer. But before I invest a lot of time into a game, I just want to be certain about my decision. In FM2011, since there are more features in it then Fm2010, does it take longer to load and process?

Btw, I really do appreciate the feedback.

If i recall, i dont remember any significant difference on loading and overall processing between FM2010 and FM2011.

For the same amount of loaded leagues and database size, both games runs at the same speed.

If you decide to install FM2011, dont ofrget to update with patch 11.3

Guys thanks a lot.. esp you Keyzer.

I just checked out Fm2011 online, 20 bucks... not bad. :D

btw, dynamic league reputation? Sounds fancy and interesting... care to explain what exactly that is?

League reputations can change depending on the success of clubs in that nation, e.g. if for example Celtic won the Champions League, Rangers got to the semi-final and Hearts got to the Europa League final, you'd expect the reputation of the SPL to increase making it easier to attract players and you get more prize money. Some people enjoy the challenge of managing a team in an obscure nation and trying to increase the league rep of that country as much as he can.

League reputations can change depending on the success of clubs in that nation, e.g. if for example Celtic won the Champions League, Rangers got to the semi-final and Hearts got to the Europa League final, you'd expect the reputation of the SPL to increase making it easier to attract players and you get more prize money. Some people enjoy the challenge of managing a team in an obscure nation and trying to increase the league rep of that country as much as he can.

that is awesome... thanks

why is everyone so anti-steam? its an excellent way to manage your games
People are used to owning, and therefore being in control of, their own games.

A lot of people dislike Steam because it becomes very obvious very quickly that they don't actually own anything. They're just renting an experience they have (next to) no control over.

I personally don't have any great dislike for Steam, but if you allow a 3rd party to control access to the games you've paid for you pretty much have to expect that you don't necessarily have any actual right to access your games when you want.

Steam control acess to the game, the same way Windows control.

Both are plataforms that you need in order to run a piece of software (in this case a game).

Really dont understand why people look at steam differently then orders programs.

for me i look at steam as i look directx:

- To play a game a need somes pieces of hardware, and software. Steam is one of those pieces!

Both are plataforms that you need in order to run a piece of software (in this case a game).

I'm sorry but that comparison is incorrect.

Windows is a piece of software you control. Steam is a provisional service controlled by Valve.

yea, i certainly didn't appreciate Xech generalizing me and calling me stubborn. Its ironic that he calls someone stubborn when he fallaciously postulates reasons for why I dont want to deal with steam based on his groundless assumptions.

Please, I really don't want to turn this into a debate on the negatives and positives of the unfortunate situation of Sega forcing you to use steam to play Fm2012. Apparently, there are many threads on that already.

Yea, I am definitely leading towards Fm11 Keyzer. But before I invest a lot of time into a game, I just want to be certain about my decision. In FM2011, since there are more features in it then Fm2010, does it take longer to load and process?

Btw, I really do appreciate the feedback.

i wasn't calling you stubborn i was talking about all the other people that constantly try to pick faults in steam just so they can complain, everyones entitled to their own opinion and if you don't want to play fm12 because what you've seen about people complaining about steam then that shouldn't be enough to put you off is all i was saying because their are loads more people that haven't complained at all

Really dont understand why people look at steam differently then orders programs.

for me i look at steam as i look directx:

- To play a game a need somes pieces of hardware, and software. Steam is one of those pieces!

Without wishing to turn this into yet another Steam thread, the game has worked fine for years without Steam, so from the customer's point of view, it isn't really necessary. That said, it hasn't really affected me in any way and I'm glad it didn't put me of FM12.

From the original question though, I'd recommend FM10, but only because I tried the demo for FM11, didn't like it and subsequently never bought the game.

Without wishing to turn this into yet another Steam thread, the game has worked fine for years without Steam, so from the customer's point of view, it isn't really necessary. That said, it hasn't really affected me in any way and I'm glad it didn't put me of FM12.

You're right m8.

This is not to talk about the pros and cons of steam. :)

Archived