I got sacked...

Hey, I'm new and I've just completed my first season on FM12

I had a bad first half of the season as Liverpool, but I managed to pull it back and clinched 4th in the Premier League. The fans and people were calling me a genius etc, but then the next day, I got SACKED.

This can't be right because Liverpool getting champions league football is quite good and the board even gave me a new contract about a month prior to this..

It's very annoying because I can't be bothered to get another job so I have to start another save.. :mad:

what were the season expectations that you gave the board at the start of the season ? if you did not achieve this and if you signed a player that the fans/board didnt like or if you sold a star player, that might be the reason

What was your seasonal expectations? And how did you do (compared to expectations) in the cups?

Were there other problems, like poor wage control or an unhappy squad?

If you were promising the title, had over spent on wages and had an unhappy squad it'd be a surprise you lasted until the end of the season. Meanwhile if you was expected Champions League qualification, was under wage budget and had a happy squad, and did okay in the cups, it's a real shocker.

Hey, I'm new and I've just completed my first season on FM12

I had a bad first half of the season as Liverpool, but I managed to pull it back and clinched 4th in the Premier League. The fans and people were calling me a genius etc, but then the next day, I got SACKED.

This can't be right because Liverpool getting champions league football is quite good and the board even gave me a new contract about a month prior to this..

It's very annoying because I can't be bothered to get another job so I have to start another save.. :mad:

It was 'Title Challenge' because that's the lowest I was allowed to do, and I only had 2 million to spend which is crap if you want to challenge with Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City etc who were buying Eden Hazard and other superstars.

I know I didn't get the season expectations, but come on, that's just stupid when the media predicted us to finish 5th and they gave me a new contract :|

The new contract should IMHO result in a reassessment of the boards expectations (not in the game though) & more importantly if the new contract is signed close to the end of the current season unless you do something monumentally stupid your position should be safe until the early part of the following season.

I got the new contract during my best period of the season: it basically went like;

Did awful until about november, started winning, but still losing/drawing, and then from febuary onwards winning almost every game, and i got my new contract in that period

That seems rather harsh as I'd imagine that the title was out of reach by the time your new contract was offered, worth posting in the bugs forum.

The club expectations are not realistic, the owners have expressed that they want Champions League this season:

"It's too early for us to start talking about winning the league," said Henry to Dagbladet.

"In my opinion Manchester United are the ones to beat. They have a good squad, and look really good.

"Our main goal is to qualify for the Champions League. If we don't it would be a major disappointment."

The transfer budget is also highly questionable given what happened at the end of the window with Meireles.

Seems to be a general them with Liverpool saves. Somebody mentioned going into the editor and dropping their rep by 50 points changed the goal to Champions League qualification. You could also look at the chairmans ambition and patience ratings which could maybe do with some tweaking.

Archived