The 'headed assist' goal

Am I the only one that is sick to death of this same goal?

My goalkeeper takes his goal kick, it reaches about half way and then one of the opposition players nods it forward towards my goal, my defenders freeze and their striker is left with a free run on goal. This is happening way too regularly and I'm sick of it.

What do I do? I don't want to make my defence drop deeper because then they'll be deep for the whole match and I don't want that. It's not as if my defenders are slow either, three of the four have over 10 for pace and acceleration.

These goals are starting to affect my results now so I'm really clutching at straws here, anybody got any ideas?

Cheers.

Thanks Impale, I'll try that and let you know how I get on.

Gusano, I score now and again from the same thing but it's just so unrealistic how much it happens.

it really just depends on your tactics is what I think. how do you score most of your goals? Mine are from corners, through/killer balls, and the type of goal in your OP.

I've done what Impale suggested and I must say that it hasn't happened in the last 5/6 games and I've won all but one of them. Most of my goals are from passes, I prefer a slow build-up kind of football. Get my fair share from corners too as I've got a few tall guys who know how to jump.

Archived