Can we please get a blog on the Match Engine

Yeh I don't remember any blog about this last year.

I can't find anything else either.

I remember at the start of FM11 you'd have 36 shots and 20 clear cut chances and lose 1-0. But since the last patch it doesn't happen that often. But there's plenty of cases in real life where it does happen. But I haven't had an issue with 1 on 1's for a long time.

Long shots - yeh I have to push all the sliders for midfielders all the way back. Even then they take wayward shots and I have to shout from the sideline to "work ball into box".

Long throws - not sure what that is about?

Corner bug - never experienced this myself.

I'm sure things will be improved on. And then something won't work for the masses as expected :)

A blog on it would be nice. But I can't find any info for previous releases either.

didn't they do a blog with the changes in the ME?

I remember seeing a list of all the changes in the ME, but perhaps that wasn't a blog... a thread in the forum?

They release a change list when they put out patches that have a lot of the ME changes but not them all. Thing is they are not going to release blogs highlighting ME issues from previous patches, they will only give us info on what they are improving not what they have "fixed" so to speak.

Yeh I don't remember any blog about this last year.

I can't find anything else either.

I remember at the start of FM11 you'd have 36 shots and 20 clear cut chances and lose 1-0. But since the last patch it doesn't happen that often. But there's plenty of cases in real life where it does happen. But I haven't had an issue with 1 on 1's for a long time.

Long shots - yeh I have to push all the sliders for midfielders all the way back. Even then they take wayward shots and I have to shout from the sideline to "work ball into box".

Long throws - not sure what that is about?

Corner bug - never experienced this myself.

I'm sure things will be improved on. And then something won't work for the masses as expected :)

A blog on it would be nice. But I can't find any info for previous releases either.

1v1's: A lot of people have a problem with 'too many of these chances being created and not enough going in' basically. Personally I have Hernandez playing as a 'last man' striker and he misses an astronomical amount of them.

Long throws: They basically don't work. There are a few about it. I have Chiellini 20/20 for throw ins and haven't come close to scoring for 4+ seasons. It's essentially a counter-attack generator at present.

Long shots: well known issue

Corner bugs: there are always a few of them, I'm wondering if there is realistically anything that can be done to stop it.

the problem with the 1 on 1's is not so much the striker missing them but the team creating too many of them with certain styles of tactics that usually inadvertently exploit a weakness in the ME, they will def be looking at that side of things, things like headers being too accurate seem to also contribute to this. I dont think there is one thing they can change to fix the issue it will be a number of different things that all contribute to the situation coming up.

They release a change list when they put out patches that have a lot of the ME changes but not them all. Thing is they are not going to release blogs highlighting ME issues from previous patches, they will only give us info on what they are improving not what they have "fixed" so to speak.

Yep, if its like last year, then the ME feedback thread will be up when the demo comes out, with a list of the changes they have made between 11.3 and FM12

The only big flaw i saw in the ME this years (11.3 version) was the corner bug. In fact with a good header and taking the corner to the first post, you score too many goals.

But that's a flaw that you can prevent... by setting your corners to mixed for example.

Apart from that, i really feel that 11.3 version was very good, and really enjou watching the games.

Archived