How Important is the reputitation in 11.3

I usualy start the game with Besiktas, so I don't usually have any problems with reputition. In FM10 I played with QPR and didn't have any problems at that time either.

This time I started with Reading and qualified to Premier League through play-offs in my first season. In my second season I barelly avoid relegation which was expected. So I am in my third season and second season in Premier League. I built up my squad. I have players such as Enyeama, S.Davis, Jonh Fleck, Mbambi, Bellushi, Giovanni Dos Santos, Vedad Ibisevic, Gara Dembele, Humberto Sousa. So I think I have a fair enough squad for consistent run. However I feel like I am struggling with reputition problem. I can win against City in away and just after City glory could loose against West Brom in home. Also I noticed that I can score almost in all my games so it is not a tactical problem IMO (I play 4-2-3-1 with wide wingers). I also noticed that I can't hold the score until the end. I score most of my goals in first 15 mins, but even in games that I get the 2-0 lead, I can loose the game at the end. I am at 13th in the League just 7 games left. So the position is decent, but having very unconsistents results and can't holding the leads makes me unhappy. So do you think this is a reputition problem? If so what is the solution? Just wait couple more seasons in Prem. League?

If you can't keep leads it's not to do with reputation. Could be players taking the foot off the gas so to speak, Keep an eye on the Assistant Managers feedback becuase when the opposition makes subs he will give advice on if you need to show the player onto the weaker foot etc. Keep an eye on the Motivation tab, if you are winning on or two of your players might think it is in the bag and become disinterested. Maybe you have to change to a more defensive formation to hold onto the lead made drop your wingers back to make a 4-4-1-1, bring fresh defensive players on. Reputation has a minimal effect in regards to a result. Obviously if you are playing Man Utd then your reputation comes in becuase your not favourite to get a result but its not the deciding factor.

Thanks for the reply. I was keeping en eye on Ass Managers feedback and change the opp. marking according to his feedback. The only thing that I didn't tray is to hold back defensively as tactical-wise. I will tray that to hol the lead. Hopefully it'll work.

What about consistency? I mean after winning a game against Man City or Chealsea; I could loose the next game against relegaton candidate or much weaker team. I lost the FA Cup reply in home against West Brom relegation candidate when I had 4 gmaes unbeaten run with 2 won in the League. I mean this could happen, and I am not talking about only this incedent. However I get these kinds of results all the time. I really forget how was the feeling to win 5 games in a row :-((

It sounds like a bit of a tactical issue, your not doing enough to close out games, but ontop of that i would imagine your players are getting nervous near the end of games because you have lost a few 2 goal leads, getting over that problem can be difficult, i would suggest if you dont already do it try shutting up shop near the end of games, make sure your team is solid and positionally correct for the last 15-20 mins of any game where you have a lead, hopefully you get a few wins and your team gains confidence from being able to hold onto a lead, after you get through a couple of successful games you will find your team more confident in closing out games.

It sounds more like a tactical problem. What kind of mentality do you play? Do you change it depending on the opposition?

May Tactic is as follows:

----rb(auto)---cb(b.playing)--cb(cover)---lb(auto)---

-------DM(Ball win/supp)--M(Playmaker attack)------

----------------Adv AMC(attack)---------------

--AMR(inside forw/attack)--------------AML(winger attack)---

----------------Paocher(attack)---------------------

I start with balanced philosopyh wit control... And tackle hard rest is default. In game I change to attack or counter. When I change attack I ask players to press more and use more fluid philosopy...

These results you mention against Man City and West Brom, are they regular occurrences? ie. do you always beat good teams and lose to poor teams?

No not regularly. What I was trying to mention is that my team has potential to beat Man City both in home and away games. But then I start loosing teams against Bolton, West Brom. I never had this in CM or FM. I mean I feel like my team is strong enough to get decent results. I am not saying that with Reading I must win all games, but I can't get a decent series of results. If I loose against high rep teams and have decent results against equal or lower rep teams I can understand. Even I can't predict what will my team do in the next game. I will post my fixture when I get home so you guys will have a better clue

ok here is a part of my fixture: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/692/fixtureu.jpg/

And here is my tactics: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/197/tacticsy.jpg/

Out of 21 games that I lost points in 8 of them I get the lead but lost at the end. I am at 13th and I think I should perform better against teams below 10th position. Whereas I lost points to West Brom, Wigan(2times), Fulham, Westham (2 times) Bolton (2 times), Newcastle, wolves and Brighton. If I could only protect the lead or not loose half of the teams that indicated I could well be on top half of the League.

It is a pity that I got eleminated to West Brom(15th) in replay game in my home. And this inconsistencies makes it hard to motivate the team, and it is also hard to get results with a team with bad morale you know.

Just my view but:

- You got 5 attackers, 1 support, 2 defenders and 2 guys that can be either of that. Not much balance in that.You are left wide open in the back, and there is possibly no connection between back 4 and front.

- Your pressing approach will leave you even more open with players out of position (when you mix that with attacking).If your front guys don't win the ball, it leaves you with like 3 players in the back, more like 2+1 actually, (when you are attacking), and lots of space to cover it.

It appears that you are struggling mostly home against weaker teams, who are probably playing very defensively, which would be expected with that approach.If you try playing like this against human player, he would most likely have career day against you, no offense.You are also beating better sides because they go all attack against you since they are favorite , so they open and then you can utilize your tactics strengths.

Only reason why AI doesn't do the same is because you have players of much better quality then they do, so that somewhat covers for tactic shortcomings.And control approach is good for parts of the match , but not for whole match, except for RL Barca.It drains players stamina in long run so they will under perform towards the end of the match.

Try changing tempo for start, fast when you want to score (like 16 on slider), and slow when you want to defend (4-6 on slider) and see how that goes.And possibly adding one more defensive minded role(3 defenders , 1 support, 2 auto ), like change your MC's to S and D instead of A and S roles.

At least that's how i see it, but doesn't have to be correct.

If it's late goals that's the problem, it could simply be fitness. Do you make changes too early, maybe? Bringing on some fresh legs for the final 20min might help...Also, time wasting in an ultra defensive system for the last 5min might help.

Just my view but:

- You got 5 attackers, 1 support, 2 defenders and 2 guys that can be either of that. Not much balance in that.You are left wide open in the back, and there is possibly no connection between back 4 and front.

- Your pressing approach will leave you even more open with players out of position (when you mix that with attacking).If your front guys don't win the ball, it leaves you with like 3 players in the back, more like 2+1 actually, (when you are attacking), and lots of space to cover it.

It appears that you are struggling mostly home against weaker teams, who are probably playing very defensively, which would be expected with that approach.If you try playing like this against human player, he would most likely have career day against you, no offense.You are also beating better sides because they go all attack against you since they are favorite , so they open and then you can utilize your tactics strengths.

Only reason why AI doesn't do the same is because you have players of much better quality then they do, so that somewhat covers for tactic shortcomings.And control approach is good for parts of the match , but not for whole match, except for RL Barca.It drains players stamina in long run so they will under perform towards the end of the match.

Try changing tempo for start, fast when you want to score (like 16 on slider), and slow when you want to defend (4-6 on slider) and see how that goes.And possibly adding one more defensive minded role(3 defenders , 1 support, 2 auto ), like change your MC's to S and D instead of A and S roles.

At least that's how i see it, but doesn't have to be correct.

Thanks for the reply. I suppose playing with tempo sliders could help. This was my previous tactics: http://imageshack.us/content_round.p...upload&newlp=1 . With this one I barelly avoid regelation. Ok that was the first season in Perm. League with much less stronger squad, but with more defensively dutuies I wasn't creating enough chances. But in anyways I will again try to change my tactis to this one after having the lead: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/641/tactics3k.jpg/ or to this one: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/847/tactics4.jpg/ Let see how this will effects.

But I feel like nothing I do could hold the score, because without changing the duties and I was actually changing the tactics. Let me see how changing position with the tactics would effect.

If it's late goals that's the problem, it could simply be fitness. Do you make changes too early, maybe? Bringing on some fresh legs for the final 20min might help...Also, time wasting in an ultra defensive system for the last 5min might help.

I tried this one already. I do most of the subs between 60-75 mins. I will also try ultra defensive instead of counter.

Thanks for the reply. I suppose playing with tempo sliders could help. This was my previous tactics: http://imageshack.us/content_round.p...upload&newlp=1 . With this one I barelly avoid regelation. Ok that was the first season in Perm. League with much less stronger squad, but with more defensively dutuies I wasn't creating enough chances. But in anyways I will again try to change my tactis to this one after having the lead: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/641/tactics3k.jpg/ or to this one: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/847/tactics4.jpg/ Let see how this will effects.

But I feel like nothing I do could hold the score, because without changing the duties and I was actually changing the tactics. Let me see how changing position with the tactics would effect.

I can only give you an example of what i am doing, but i can't tell if that will work for you:

-I am playing 442 generally (with mostly default settings).When i want to defend i play 442 standard with Narrow width , with OI's on wingers and Fullbacks.Shouts are Clear to Flanks, Pass into Space and depending of situation Get Ball Forward or Retain possession(in order to get ball out my box ASAP, but still maintain possession)and possibly Push Higher if AI is highly aggressive. I lower Tempo to 4-6 mark and increase time wasting to 14-16 (so total of those 2 is 20)

- Man Marking , Less Creative freedom, Stick to position,Rigid (so you can keep the shape).I prefer Direct passing at that point, but it depends of the weather.

- At 60 minute mark i evaluate if i am in control or not.If i am i keep same formation and shouts, but if not then i keep same shouts and switch to Counter or just Push Higher with same formation.

- At 70th minute mark i switch no matter what to defensive and keep same shouts, minus Push higher which i remove in any case.(again you can evaluate if shouts are not working and not used them).

- At 80th minute i switch to my own presaved shutdown tactic (very important for me) that i am using since FM 2005 (and it never fails) to finish off the match, replace any exhausted players if i have any at that point.At that point i generally score extra goal or two in most of the matches.

I don't use press more for whole team when i defend, only in IO's for specific players(and those depend from players attributes,mine's and AI's), to risky to end up out of position.

Important things is to recognize who is feeding AI's attack with balls and prevent it (again with IO's).In most of the cases it's FB's (one or both).

With this approach i have average of 0.7 conceded goals in two saves that i have,most of them being long range.One was with Bromley/Bournemouth save where i got EPL title with second one 12 points ahead of others(actually i have around 0.8 goals conceded lifetime with this approach since FM 05). And another one i just started with Kocaelispor and so far didn't lose in 20+ matches (including beating Fenerbahce in cup).

You can try using similar approach with your main tactics and see how it goes.

Archived