All these money ,,, and nowhere to spend on

A11285

This thread is about the total career earnings, when they exist it has to be for some purpose, like buying stakes at clubs and million other possibilities

It will give the game a broad look to football management, as we all know nothing happens at the stadium only,football exist out side it also

And the total career earnings spot has to develop more for the purpose of adding more personality to the game and the manager

Fine as it is no need to bring anything in for us to spend our money on. I hate the idea of buying a club or buying anything I just want to manage the total career earnings are just another stat.

I agree, I managed Rangers for 5 years and then I went to Real Madrid on a year contract. In that year I was shy of earning what I made in my whole time at Rangers. Quite funny really.

It is really strange just how often this topic comes up given that the reaction is always the same, people being against it.

I think it may well be a feature that is wanted by casual players who visit this forum occasionally, but not by the regulars who are a bit more 'hardcore'. There's no way it would get suggested this often if nobody wanted it.

Wages are a stat, and nothing more. To me all the wage shows whilst at a club is how much the club want you there. E.g, the more the club are paying you, the more they want you there - at least at the time of signing the contract.

If a feature to buy shares or something in a club was added, I very much doubt I'd be taking advantage of it.

It is really strange just how often this topic comes up given that the reaction is always the same, people being against it.

I think it may well be a feature that is wanted by casual players who visit this forum occasionally, but not by the regulars who are a bit more 'hardcore'. There's no way it would get suggested this often if nobody wanted it.

Well, of course there are some out there who want it, I wasn't disputing that.

Was merely stating that the vast majority, and by that I mean probably 95% +, see it as a nonsense kind of thing. Why would you wish to buy a house and car with the wife when you could be concerntrating on trying to convince Joe Bloggs to leave Coventry for your up and coming Northwich Victoria side?!?

Well, of course there are some out there who want it, I wasn't disputing that.

Was merely stating that the vast majority, and by that I mean probably 95% +, see it as a nonsense kind of thing. Why would you wish to buy a house and car with the wife when you could be concerntrating on trying to convince Joe Bloggs to leave Coventry for your up and coming Northwich Victoria side?!?

My post wasn't supposed to be a response to yours, we must have posted at about same time. Just a bit of a coincidence that they were related.

I think the only thing that it could be used for was for example, if SI decided to run a competition like who ever earns the most money in a career in FM12 will win a free copy of FM13, we we would all have to upload screen prints of our history page

Only problem is people can use FMRTE to edit their wages. So a non-starter really.

I think the only thing that it could be used for was for example, if SI decided to run a competition like who ever earns the most money in a career in FM12 will win a free copy of FM13, we we would all have to upload screen prints of our history page

Wouldn't work. Load up FMRTE if there was a FM12 version, and set your wage ridiculously high.

I've said this before and it's got some good responses. So read this carefully before you reply -

Firstly, a lot of people want this in the game. I don't know why it's important for them to have to spend their fictional wages.

I am not up for this sort of thing in the game. BUT to add longevity to saves I will say this.

I played a game to where I surpassed 100 years of age. To me that is not realistic of what a football management game is. No manager in football is over 75 years old. Not saying it can't happen it's just unlikely.

In terms of adding longevity to the game I have said that I would like a way to RETIRE my current role as in finish up completely that character is put to rest. Then with the earnings of that character you can say to invest in a club or league.

For me, the likes of the Irish league where I could invest in Shamrock Rovers for example. They then get my OLD character "Eugene Tyson" as the chairman with me attributes from my previous life and that cash. I have no further interaction with this part of the game. Shamrock Rovers are just loaded now.

I can then add a new manager (as I'd have to do) and take over as a club somewhere. Basically starting a fresh.

So in 2041 I could retire from the game, inject the cash into a club somewhere. Run off and do another managerial save.

Ok I've heard the criticism - what player/manager ever has done that before bought a club or whatver. Well Niall Quinn for one with Sunderland. So it does happen.

I just think that would add something to the game.

I brought up the reitrement thing up before but not linked to wages. I brought it up becuase I remebered playing a football management game think it was SWOS and the game retired you when you reached a certain age. I understand that some people just get to attached to their current save and never want to finish.

But, I think it would be a good thing to do what you suggested in my case it would be my home town football team Merthyr Town.

The adding of the new manager should have a clause so to speak to stop you going the team you just retired from, becuase how many players come on here and say that after so many seasons the game get easier becuase of the AI team building etc. So then this way they have to start all over again with a new club, bringing in a new challenge.

Archived