"Ineligible: Cannot play for more than 2 teams in the same season"

I'm new here, so I apologise if there's already numerous threads on this; however, I have a player who has already played for two teams in one season, thus rendering him ineligible until the end of the current season. He keeps requesting a transfer away from the club, even though that would not get him first team football any quicker.

Does this happen regularly, and is there any way SI of programming a certain level of "common sense" into players' AI? i.e. having the player accept he can't play for any team until 'x' date.

Again, sorry if this is covering old ground! Just really frustrating problem!

TBF its a rare issue and it does warn you during negotiations.

In a perfect world the player would probably be programmed to recognise this but given how rare it is SI have many other issues which are more important.

At which point is the warning? Because I was playing last night and signed a cracking player for £16m in the January transfer window, only to find he had already played for 2 clubs this year, and wouldn't be able to play for me until July.

I didn't see any warnings, perhaps they need to be big, flashing neon lights! Perhaps at the page to confirm the signing, there should be a warning.

I couldn't afford to have this player doing nothing for 6 months, so had to reload my last save and wipe out 3 good wins in the process.

Archived