FM12: Editor - Is no news, good news?

Dont get me wrong, im stoked that details were finally released for the new version this year with some very nice changes and graphical improvements. Especially the ability to hop from one nation to another. i sincerely hope that this is as easy as you say it is, by this i mean i hope i dont have to load all nations before the game into view only mode and i also hope that this is possible with edited databases.

Which is where this thread come into play. I know its early days but thus far there is absolutely no news on the editor for the new version. Does this mean that there are major tweeks going on to improve it? Or does this just mean that it has been untouched? I really hope no news is good news and hopeing for an announcement on the editor all on its own!

With 800 improvements I'm sure that will include many updates for the Editor. However, the lack of the Editor being highlighted (it was in the FM10 announcement, iirc) would mean that I wouldn't expect fundamental changes to it, but rather smaller tweaks.

Dont get me wrong, im stoked that details were finally released for the new version this year with some very nice changes and graphical improvements. Especially the ability to hop from one nation to another. i sincerely hope that this is as easy as you say it is, by this i mean i hope i dont have to load all nations before the game into view only mode and i also hope that this is possible with edited databases.

Which is where this thread come into play. I know its early days but thus far there is absolutely no news on the editor for the new version. Does this mean that there are major tweeks going on to improve it? Or does this just mean that it has been untouched? I really hope no news is good news and hopeing for an announcement on the editor all on its own!

Miles comfirmed that you don't need to, no.

There'll almost definitely be some new additions to the editor, but for all we know these could only be little changes - that seems likely, as it wasn't in the initial release...

If they can just make one change to the new editor, I will be happy. That one change is to allow teams from different nations compete in the same league structure. It was allowed in FM10, but not in FM11 for some reason.

iirc, playing with a team from a foreign nation in a domestic league FM2010 removed their ability to qualify for Europe. For example, a "Scottish" Rangers in the EPL could've won the league and never qualified for Europe unless they won the Scottish cup. Maybe it was FM2009, but this was definitely a mess at some point.

I'd like to see some work with the reserves and youth sides. When I set up the teams to have reserves and youths that match the main teams in the the leagues it rarely does that once you have enough team involved. I understand teams have the option to drop out of the youth leagues, but that should be in the second season and not from the very beginning.

All in all though the FM editor is leaps and bounds ahead of the editor included with fifa manager.

iirc, playing with a team from a foreign nation in a domestic league FM2010 removed their ability to qualify for Europe. For example, a "Scottish" Rangers in the EPL could've won the league and never qualified for Europe unless they won the Scottish cup. Maybe it was FM2009, but this was definitely a mess at some point.

In my FM10 version I got rid of the European competitions and replaced them with Worldwide ones, and had almost 900 teams from over 200 nations in the same league structure. In FM11, they removed the ability to retain a club's nationality.

• SI Staff
No news is no news. SI don't usually get round to mentioning any tweaks to the editor to late on.

Pretty much this. Things like the editor are usually amongst the last things we talk about.

Archived