Tell the board to sod-off!!!

Hi guys, not dure if this is in the right area, but I think there should be an option in the board request section simply to tell them to sod-off and stop selling my players....especially when the team is doing really well!

I'm with Woking FC and up in the Premiership, I've won the Champions League twice, FA Cup and League Cup once, European Super Cup once, World Club Championship once, and the board decide to sell my best defender for 16million...It's very annoying when they do this early on in the game, but I fully understand when the club is in League 2 for example, and there is maybe a few 100,000's in the bank, so selling a player for 2.5million is building for the future, but when there is 50+million in the bank, my club is ranked in the top 15 in the world, I feel like there should be an option for me to tell the board to stop selling my players!!

If you notice a player has major interest and you suspect a board-intervention, just put the asking price at a ridiculous low amount. Put him on auto-reject all offers. Clubs will make the low offers, which get rejected, and since the board will notice it's a low offer they won't interfere .

If you notice a player has major interest and you suspect a board-intervention, just put the asking price at a ridiculous low amount. Put him on auto-reject all offers. Clubs will make the low offers, which get rejected, and since the board will notice it's a low offer they won't interfere .

Hopefully this is taken out of the next FM.

How much was the defender worth? What is the ambition/loyalty of the chairman?

You can't tell the board to sod off as they are the ones in charge. What there should be is an option that if they sell this player, you will resign from the club.

I think the problem is more that the board haven't kept up with the club's status. No club in that position would force their manager to sell one of their best players for £16m.

It's very hard for a top Premiership team to buy anybody for £16m, let alone a replacement for a top player.

Sneaky... haven't tried this before...

I'm 13 seasons in my career with Bath so far and got them to bottom of Premiership and I noticed my chairman doesn't sell any players anymore when I got to the Premiership. He's done it about 10 times in the past on my way to the premiership though. We're not on speaking terms anymore :)

Why would it be taken out? It's becoming more and more commonplace in football.

Because it's annoying. Realism taken too far at the expense of fun.

Lots of people want to build their squad - it's no surprise they feel some form of "attachment" to what they have built.

Had the same problem with Sutton United. Board sold 9 of my players within 3 years at one point despite having like £20 million in the bank in the Championship at the time.

In the end, it got to the time where I simply put "accept all offers (at a low value)" on every key player but then simply when it came to actually signing the deal, just cancelled it. used to have to do it like 10 times throughout the window but was worth it.

I once bought a player when he was 15, took him under my wing, bought Ronaldinho as his personal tutor and he became great. Then the board sold him. I left that day and bought him back after a year for an inflated amount, I didnt care tho. He was mine.

iv'e just had this too im notts county in 2018 and had a brilliant french left back regen who my chairman has just sold for £20 million behind my back i am so annoyed that i was contemplating resigning but it's hard when it's my real life team that i support :(

The player in question was a 28 year old Brazilian CB that had actually been in my club for around 8 years, I was one of his favourite person...along with most of my backroom staff, my club was his only favourite club, he was worth £10million and the chairman sold him for £16...I'm not overly bothered, since it's been happening all through my career with Woking...bought a 16 year old Italian for 9k, chairman sold him for around 650k the next season whilst I was in league 2 (thats fair enough, since the club need the money to invest for the future) however the same player moved on again in 4 seasons for 3.1million, then the next season for 16million before making his final transfer for 9.75million...and I've been lucky enough to find a lot of these young kids that I've bought when they were around 16/17, and completely understand when the Chairman sells them for a profit when there is only pennies in the bank, but when the team is ranked 8 in the world, with over 55million in the bank, I don't feel that selling a 28year old for 16million, when his value is 10million, is an offer that's "too good to turn down", and why is it that when I bid 25million for a player worth 6.5million, the board for the other team want 50+million for the one player! Apparently it's because I'm a "rich" club...that's just not realistic though surely?!

i hate when this happens. i just set the asking price to 100 mill and the board seems to lay off. i forgot to do it on one of my young starlets and the board accepted a 10 mill offer for him despite the fact he was going to be one of the best players in the world in a few years and we have 200 mill in the bank. you really have to be able to communicate to the board that what they are doing is ludicrous and i will leave despite being a club legend if they sell him.

Archived