Eredivise Euro Playoff

This is an absolute shambles.

I finished 5th with PSV and played Roda JC in the first round, despite beating them 4-2 over 2 legs we had to play a DECIDER. Which I went on to win again, then I beat Gronigen in the 2nd round only find Utrecht who finished 4th had claimed the spot even though they wern't involved in the playoffs at all.

What on earth is the point in these playoffs?

This is an absolute shambles.

I finished 5th with PSV and played Roda JC in the first round, despite beating them 4-2 over 2 legs we had to play a DECIDER.

No you didn't.

Goals don't count and the matches aren't legs.

The playoffs are a "Best of three" series, you either won one match & lost one match or won one & drew one. Either way Roda JC were still in the series.

What on earth is the point in these playoffs?

Take it up with the Dutch FA then, don't blame the game because you haven't understood the rules.

How come I'm not in Europe? After winning this.

Looking at your pics you still seem to have a deciding leg to play against Groningen - 30th May 2015 perhaps?

EDIT

If not, post up screenshots of the playoffs & the league rules and we can perhaps figure it out.

probably a bug

Unlikely as it would probably be happening to more people and it would have been mentioned on the forums before now.

The threads that have been posted in the past have been down to a misunderstanding of the playoff rules.

I can't look as I'm at work but there will be an explanation, I'll look when I get home if no-one has sussed it by then.

Looking at wiki something does seem odd.

Has Holland gained a European place since the first season by any chance?

Based on 2*Champions League places & 3*EURO Cup places:

Champions League: Top two (Ajax & Feyenoord) seems fine.

EURO Cup: 3rd place (FC Twente), Cup Winners (Heerenveen?) + Playoff winner.

Playoffs should have been 4th v 7th (Utrecht v Groningen) & 5th v 6th (PSV v AZ) with the winners playing off in the final.

However your first match is against Roda who finished 8th which suggests that Holland have gained a 4th EURO Cup place with 3rd, 4th & Cup winners getting three of them. Playoffs would then be between 4th & 8th for the last spot.

Its possible that there is a rule which means if teams are level the highest place team goes through which would explain why you didn't have a deciding tie with Groningen (Even if they won both teams would have finished with 4pts - win + draw).

The season summary should confirm matters in terms of European qualifiers though and you may not be drawn in a match until August the following season.

• 2 months later...

Archived