Non Baque players, help please

I recently accepted a job offer from Athletic club but i can only sign spanish players and if i try signing anyone else it says "cant sign any non Basque players", I know athletic club has a policy about about it but does anyone know if theres a way to sign other players and/or if that policy ever goes so i can sign non Basque players?

Is it possible to search for Basque-only players when you manage them? Never managed them before, but it isn't usually an option afaik.

Yes, it is. Or at least it was in FM10, which is the last time I managed them.

To the OP, your best bet is to focus heavily on youth development. Athletic make for a very interesting game!

What are Basque players? And can someone give me an example of one.

Basque is an independant country in Spain. Although classed as Spain the people believe it's their own and name themselves Basque, much like Catalunya or Cornwall in England. They've been fighting for their independance for years but if I stand corrected they still havn't got it.

Real Sociedad are also Basque but relaxed their policy. Bilbao have had the policy since creation and it's the sole reason as to why they are so well liked.

Basque players = Anyone who plays for Bilbao? Xabi Alonso is a famous Basque player, along with Fernando Llorente.

Basque is an independant country in Spain. Although classed as Spain the people believe it's their own and name themselves Basque, much like Catalunya or Cornwall in England. They've been fighting for their independance for years but if I stand corrected they still havn't got it.

Real Sociedad are also Basque but relaxed their policy. Bilbao have had the policy since creation and it's the sole reason as to why they are so well liked.

Basque players = Anyone who plays for Bilbao? Xabi Alonso is a famous Basque player, along with Fernando Llorente.

Just to add a bit more - The Basque Country is a region that covers an area in the SW of France & the North of Spain.

A Basque player is anyone who was born in that region, as well as the two Spanish players above former French internationals Didier Deschamps & Bixente Lizarazu are also from that region.

You can also sign any Spanish nationality player under 16, so you really need to take note of the Spanish regen respawning dates. Once you sign them they gain Basque second nationality straight away.

Archived