What do we want from fm 12

Hi all. I'm a Greek owner of FM2011. i have been playing from CM 03-04 and still I'm playing FM 2011. I have to admit that from FM 2009 there has been a change on FM. 3d Graphics, and FM is still continuing to transform. in some months there is going to be Football Manager 2012. Here in this post any1 can send what he want from the next FM. Personally i want it to be more realistic. By saying that i mean that the teams of CL and EL must be more realistic on the squad strength etc. i also want more languages. and also add some more championships eg Cypriot Egyptian ....

I think that these are some basic concerns of people.

Languages will only be added as demand draws them. It would definitely help if you said what language you wanted.

If you feel that the squad strengths are incorrect, then head over to Data Issues and talk to the data researchers of the players you feel are wrongly rated.

Personally, from FM12, I would like to see dynamic rivalries added, and media options of talking about opposition managers extended.

Would like to see more emphasis on relationships with journos. Like the ability to build up a good relationship and build up trust therefore being able to give them exclusive stories etc.

I just want something to bring back my enthusiasm for the series. :(

Some initial thoughts:

- A proper overhaul on training to make it more interesting, less boring, and more intuitive.

- Work on the tactics creator, adding new options, and also adding the option to customise aspects such as roles/duties etc. Also work on the tactical options/features to improve the way that certain formations work in the match engine.

- Proper work on the core of the game (which I see as the players, the tactics, the match engine etc.) and 'polishing' the existing features. Nothing half-baked, clumsy or rubbish to be added.

- More chance to turn certain aspects off if you aren't interested in them (agents, for example, can I ask someone else to deal with that boring stuff please)!

- Making the whole experience of playing the game smoother, quicker, more dynamic.

- Improve the 2D classic to make it smoother and the play less rigid and predictable.

I think that's about it for me.

PersonallyI'd like the following:

1) overhaul the player improvement algorithms if possible. I want to see a bit more randomness in how players develop, some not improving to 23-24 others hitting their peak at 19. At the moment all too often it is a case of straight progression, based solely on good backroom, training and game-time. That being said, the fixed PA concept is a keeper.

2) overhaul the match-day team talks. This is the one area where I was impressed with the ideas of CM2010 (whether like everything else, it didn't work, I don't know). But the idea of a multilayered team and individual tactical and morale pep talk at the beginning of the match is IMO an essential one for the game's development.

3) Improve the range and randomness of press questions. The same questions every week is a bit boring.

4) Better 3D animations. Every year they're improving, but there are still times in the game where I'm scratching my head until I bring up the match report (especially with cardable fouls)

5) Improve multiplayer, whether by going with a dedicated server or by allowing the game itself to handle most of the busywork behind the scenes (i.e. connections, stoppages, etc.)

But all that being said I'll probably be skipping a version this Autumn, mostly because of monetary concerns and (hopefully) time constraints.

I'd like the old team reports back, the ones where your ass-man will tell you your best first and second elevens from your available players... this first eleven, youth eleven thing is OK I suppose, but it doesn't help me if half of my first eleven are on the treatment table...

Archived