UK work permit rules, what are they? Fastest Permit Feeder club?

Apologise if this is in the wrong foum but think i got it right. Was wondering if any one could shed some light or point to a website that displays the UK work permit rules? I just signed a load of brazilians on a network save in the hope i can culture the next Kaka or Ronaldo problem is im not to sure about the UK rules.

Does it have to be re newed every year or at the end of the players contract?

Do they have to play a certain number of games for your club or can you loan them to clubs within the UK to get it re newed?

Also does any one know the EU clubs/countries that give EU citizenship the fastest?

And can they play in reserves/U18 with out one i.e. non competitive games?

My board found me a Croation club where it will take 2 years to gain EU citizenship which is ok i suppose. Managed to sign them all on low contracts and team status too in the hope they will go on loan to low profile clubs with no fuss. Its a part of the game ive never really explored so would be good to expand mine and other peoples knowledge in this area.

Does it have to be re newed every year or at the end of the players contract? The end of each contract

Do they have to play a certain number of games for your club or can you loan them to clubs within the UK to get it re newed? Just need to apply for the work permit every contract renewal - there are no rules once you've received this

Also does any one know the EU clubs/countries that give EU citizenship the fastest? 2 years is the best I think. Belgium and Bulgaria offer this

And can they play in reserves/U18 with out one i.e. non competitive games? No, they must have a work permit/EU citzenship to play anywhere in your team

Hope this helps

Piethief, you're wrong on two small things.

1) There is a rule for games played, the player has to represent a team which over the course of two years has averaged in FIFA's top 75 and played in 70% (IIRC) of matches (barring injury) for that nation. There is a workaround in that you can argue that he is of sufficient quality to improve the game, but IRL that only really works with top young Brazilians or Argentinians who've not yet broken into the senior team, but probably will (e.g. someone like Neymar)

2) It's actually 3 for Belgium, Poland and I'm not sure about Bulgaria. Spain has special rules governing players from former colonies and Brazil (mainly Latin America in game) where they do gain nationality in 2 years, but it is not universal and 10 years is needed otherwise.

Spain has special rules governing players from former colonies and Brazil (mainly Latin America in game) where they do gain nationality in 2 years, but it is not universal and 10 years is needed otherwise.

Don't think the rule applies to Brazillians tbh, pretty sure it's Spanish speaking S-Americans only.

Not sure how this has come about but i mentioned i signed young brazilians so they have not yet played for the national team, some not even U21's etc and they have been given work permits. guess there rep means they will benefit top flight football but i have a couple who got turned down but i still signed hence the feeder club question. Dont think Croatia is in europen economic area, not sure but would my board hook me up with a club that wouldnt give eu citizenship? If so BUG! lol. Just trying something akin to what Man U have recently done in real life, i think Man U sent all there Brazillians to a club in Belguim. Any one managed any Croatians in Prem League such as Modric & Krancjar, do they need WP? Not sure if they have dual nationality or not. #thanks for the replys so far too :)

Don't think the rule applies to Brazillians tbh, pretty sure it's Spanish speaking S-Americans only.

brazilians count aswell for the 2 year rule as im currently managing in spain plus mexico dont know about the other central americas though

Actually just realised unless the laws have changed i think Croats need WP. When i played FM10 i remember i signed A Croat called Sime Vrsalko? He didnt get a WP so had to send him to Genk for 3 years. I also remember i got the Croation club to improve scouting knowledge not WP feeder club how embarrassing. Oh well will have to ask board for a WP feeder club and wait 3 years lol

Archived