Football Manager 2012.. Two musts

I have had my fair share of complaints for FM11, but its still very playable ofcourse..

Anyway, what I would love to see for FM12:

I dont know if this is just me, or does the 3D Graphics in the ME (more when in a night match) the stands and ground in general look dull and lacking in colour.The grass looks a dull green. Would love to see updates in the lighting in stadiums, and just a general improvement of the grass, nets etc. (Nothing extreme ofcourse). Simply a few extra touches.

For my second point, which has been spoken about by hundreds of users, is the sound. Would be awesome if we can have realistic sounds. IMO, would add to the match experience, which is something we'd all want I would think.

Basically, what I would like to see added to FM12, is a complete overhaul of the sound system, and a few extra touches to the Graphics department of the ME, and ofcourse to fix all current bugs and polish the ME. That is my wishlist, and I hope SI take it onboard:thup:

I hope they never work on improving sound or graphics and spend all available time and resource on gameplay.

Thats a bit extreme :D I think they've generally discovered that not enough users have the sound on to justify improving it though.

FM could have the most amazing sound effects but I'd still turn them off. It is perfect for multi tasking, I can't actually imagine playing it without TV/music on at the same time.

As for graphics, it is nice to have improvements but I'm not really too fussed about them. As long as the skin looks good then I'm happy, the 3D match view is just a bonus.

1st point: this will undoubtedly improve for every new release of FM, so I wouldn't worry about it.

2nd: What about user mods? There are thousands of brilliant people playing FM who would love recording/creating life-like supporter songs for FM and would like to share them with others - I have no doubt about this! The problems would be implementing them in the game so that they start at the right places, and thus finding a user interface that people would be able to use would probably require a fair bit of programming...

3rd: you would like improvements yes, so would we all :)

As for me, I would like an overhaul of the scouting/player generation system to accomodate a much higher focus on player types. I would also like better balancing between tactical instructions and team talks, as well as many more animations that would help the ME represent the gameplay better. I would also like the passing attribute to be much more sensitive next time.

FM could have the most amazing sound effects but I'd still turn them off. It is perfect for multi tasking, I can't actually imagine playing it without TV/music on at the same time.

As for graphics, it is nice to have improvements but I'm not really too fussed about them. As long as the skin looks good then I'm happy, the 3D match view is just a bonus.

I agree with this statement I must say. Love playing FM while watching a good game of footy on TV

But would like to see some improvements, even if they are minor.

I hope they never work on improving sound or graphics and spend all available time and resource on gameplay.

Feel the same tbh, even play with the sound off.

Scouting and training could use a slight revamp, more interaction with your feeder clubs and academy, more tuning of the match engine i feel like all of these areas are a lot more important.

But everyone has different opinions :)

The one thing I think also needs changing is the Morale system. (If thats what it is called :p). I feel team team talks, and giving the same certain answers to press conferences has way too much emphasis on the game, that make a perfect tactic look poor in some cases. I understand team talks and morale is critical, but in FM, its not used correctly.

I used to enjoy praising/criticising player performances much more, and still find this more effective then giving the odd 'great' press conference, which means answering the questions you know are the right ones

I played FM10 for the first time in a while yesterday and I realised just how much the graphics have improved this year. I'm another that plays with the sound off so that really doesn't make any difference to me.

What I particularly want to see is more interaction with feeder clubs and academy players so that the club plays the same style of football through every level. Of course I could just take charge of the U19s and reserves etc. but that isn't a solution to me.

Also, something where you practice certain types of set pieces so that you can keep developing free kick and corner moves.

And of course the ME needs some tweaks. The only noticeably bad thing in 11 for me. It isn't broken but it just needs some improvements.

they should give some better skins out of the box,the ones we are given are not very good espically the dark and plain...

they should give some better skins out of the box,the ones we are given are not very good espically the dark and plain...

I actually really like the look of the recent skins, I prefer them to the older ones. A bit more choice might be nice though, I'm sure we used to get about three or four official skins to choose from.

Archived