Carragher determined to stay

His happiness is - Expecting to leave the club in the near future

(Concerned) wants first team football

Considering his options

Has been promised he will be sold during the transfer window (we agreed on this after he asked to leave)

Offered him out twice with this message - Carragher determined to stay. Carraghers determination to see out his playing career at Liverpool is the reason why no clubs are interested.

Am I missing something here? Or should this just be moved to the bugs forum?

fortunately or not it's not a bug, Carragher loves the club far too much to leave. This happened to me and will happen to anyone who tries to move Carragher or Gerrard out of the club. You can bench them, fine them, put them in the reserves as much as you like and it looks like he only agreed with you to stop any anger that may have happened as a result of you both arguing about him leaving.

Either you will have to keep him until he retires or talk to him and suggest he will make a good coach/assistant manager when he retires. He will then suggest he can make himself available now if you like. By the sounds of it, you should agree. Then offer him a coaching role at Liverpool.

The thing is he's on 85k a week so I don't really care what he does or where he goes, I just want him off the wage bill and I'm presuming that making him into a coach would just make him the highest paid coach ever, in the world.

Edit - Jesus Christ I hate this game sometimes. He's 34 years old, will never kick a ball for this club again, as we've discussed, says he wants to leave for first team football but he doesn't really, he's just teasing me, so I offer him a new contract and he actually asks for 5k more than he's already on.

Agents have ruined FM, but thats another story/thread.

He'll sit there hoping you get fired before he has to leave.

One way out is to use the interactions to recommend a staff role for him (though by this point he probably wont listen to you). Once you'e got him on a player/coach contract he'll stop complaining and will most probably retire soon to concentrate on coaching.

fortunately or not it's not a bug, Carragher loves the club far too much to leave. This happened to me and will happen to anyone who tries to move Carragher or Gerrard out of the club. You can bench them, fine them, put them in the reserves as much as you like and it looks like he only agreed with you to stop any anger that may have happened as a result of you both arguing about him leaving.

Either you will have to keep him until he retires or talk to him and suggest he will make a good coach/assistant manager when he retires. He will then suggest he can make himself available now if you like. By the sounds of it, you should agree. Then offer him a coaching role at Liverpool.

It is a bug as Carragher has expressed the desire to leave to get first team action. And has been promised as such but won't actually leave.

I have just had the same thing in my game which I posted a thread about last week. I had already hired him as a coach and his Defence and Fitness coaching attributes are very high. I decided to keep him as a coach but wanted to reduce his wages. sometime during the last three months of his contracts final year he will sack his agent. When this happens offer him a reduced salary as backup to the first team but offer him high appearance money plus a one year extension after playing so many games 25 iirc. I got him to accept 40k + 70k appearance money which he doesn't get as I never play him. When he doesn't play he will then retire as a player and I had to pay him the 40k for the rest of that season and then accepted a more appropriate coaching contract. I am now in the process of doing the same with Steven Gerrard who has great Fitness coaching stats and is penned in as my future Assman.

The thing is he's on 85k a week so I don't really care what he does or where he goes, I just want him off the wage bill and I'm presuming that making him into a coach would just make him the highest paid coach ever, in the world.

Edit - Jesus Christ I hate this game sometimes. He's 34 years old, will never kick a ball for this club again, as we've discussed, says he wants to leave for first team football but he doesn't really, he's just teasing me, so I offer him a new contract and he actually asks for 5k more than he's already on.

Why are you offering him a contract if you don't want him?

Why did you offer him such a long contract last time he signed one?

Bluesjunior, the point I was making is how can you offer him 70k a week as back up? The club won't pay that much for a back up player as the most I could offer was 30k and our finances are very healthy, in fact I'm now the fourth richest club in the world.

Cougar, what does this have to do with the OP? Never mind, I'll indulge you.

Have you never offered an old player, on big wages, coming to the end of the contract, a new one? Quite often they will take less money for a years extension after a certain amount of games, or at least they used to until agents got introduced. Something for you to think about if you'd never tried this before.

As for me offering a big long term contract to the player, who said it was me? You do love to assume, don't you. :rolleyes:

Bluesjunior, the point I was making is how can you offer him 70k a week as back up? The club won't pay that much for a back up player as the most I could offer was 30k and our finances are very healthy, in fact I'm now the fourth richest club in the world.

Cougar, what does this have to do with the OP? Never mind, I'll indulge you.

Have you never offered an old player, on big wages, coming to the end of the contract, a new one? Quite often they will take less money for a years extension after a certain amount of games, or at least they used to until agents got introduced. Something for you to think about if you'd never tried this before.

As for me offering a big long term contract to the player, who said it was me? You do love to assume, don't you. :rolleyes:

I assume when you don't make yourself clear :rolleyes:

My response wasn't to your original post but post #4:

If he will never kick a ball for the club again why are you offering him a contract?

You're right, in my first post I was mixed up but checked it last night and he accepted £40k a week and £30k appearance money as a backup for the first team plus a one year extension if he played 25 games in his final season which when he doesn't play apparently he will retire. This was a decrease from the £90k+ deal he was on at the time. Perhaps the difference with me is that I want to keep Carragher on board but as a coach and am willing to pay whatever that takes until he retires and he becomes eligible for a new contract solely as a coach, when I will offer to pay him the same rate as my other coaches. If he doesn't want this then it will be goodbye Jamie.

I assume when you don't make yourself clear :rolleyes:

My response wasn't to your original post but post #4:

If he will never kick a ball for the club again why are you offering him a contract?

I never made it clear who gave him a contract because not at any point was that in question, and you assume because you're arrogant.

I already answered your question, or are you blind as well as arrogant?

Haven't I told you before that I don't like you and to not bother responding to me anymore in these forums? So why would you carry on unless you're trying to wind me up? Maybe you're trying to get me to say something that you may be able to report me for as I've seen you do to other people that can't stand you and your arrogance in these forums. You're transparent and I'll ask you again, stop responding to me or trying to communicate with me. Really, don't make me put you on ignore.

And good luck with the moderator applications. :rolleyes:

You're right, in my first post I was mixed up but checked it last night and he accepted £40k a week and £30k appearance money as a backup for the first team plus a one year extension if he played 25 games in his final season which when he doesn't play apparently he will retire. This was a decrease from the £90k+ deal he was on at the time. Perhaps the difference with me is that I want to keep Carragher on board but as a coach and am willing to pay whatever that takes until he retires and he becomes eligible for a new contract solely as a coach, when I will offer to pay him the same rate as my other coaches. If he doesn't want this then it will be goodbye Jamie.

Fair enough.

I just want him out off the wage bill as he's on 85k a week. Not quite sure which numpty gave him that in the first place.

I never made it clear who gave him a contract because not at any point was that in question, and you assume because you're arrogant.

I already answered your question, or are you blind as well as arrogant?

Haven't I told you before that I don't like you and to not bother responding to me anymore in these forums? So why would you carry on unless you're trying to wind me up? Maybe you're trying to get me to say something that you may be able to report me for as I've seen you do to other people that can't stand you and your arrogance in these forums. You're transparent and I'll ask you again, stop responding to me or trying to communicate with me. Really, don't make me put you on ignore.

And good luck with the moderator applications. :rolleyes:

Grow up FFS, this is a public forum and I asked a perfectly valid question. You stated in post #4 that you tried to offer him a new contract.

FWIW The only thing I ever report is spam.

Archived