transfers (18 years old)

Which countries don't have a rule where a player can only move abroad when their over 18? Is it all outside UEFA or are there some that allow younger players to move abroad?

Just signed an african but wont get him for another 2 1/2 years! woops!

I get round that by using FMRTE. Not a solution for you if you consider it cheating but if I sign a young African/Brazilian player and I have to wait 2 years or more I alter the future transfer date using the editor. I don't considering it cheating as in real life my club would find a way around the restrictions if they felt it was necessary. As Manchester United did with the Brazilian twins a few years back. Unfortunately these workarounds are not in FM.

You have to be quick so that you don't glimpse any hidden attributes or ability stats when you do it though!

European players under the age of 18 can move.

Brazilian players and maybe Argentinian players can't. Infact I think it could be every player that isn't of European nationality.

It's European players from within the E.U. who are moving to another E.U. country that can be under 18. The FIFA ruling is that any player under the age of 18 is not allowed to move to another country, except within the E.U. (with other exceptions not supported by FM). It's also based (in real life) upon residency, not nationality. So for example, a 16 year old American living in Germany would not be allowed to move to an American club on a transfer.

Some exceptions are supported by FM - you can bring a player from Brazil to Portugal at any age.

I don't think so... Every time i buy an under 18y old from Brasil to Benfica they won't come till they have 18y. There's no exception in Portugal for this rule.

I think that it applies to every intercontinental move.

I don't think so... Every time i buy an under 18y old from Brasil to Benfica they won't come till they have 18y. There's no exception in Portugal for this rule.

I think that it applies to every intercontinental move.

There most definitely is an exception to this rule. I've got a game in Portugal and currently have this guy:

http://i.imgur.com/LwAwH.jpg

and as his history shows, he joined me at the end of the 2018 Brazilian season, which would make him 17 at the time:

http://imgur.com/92pV2

Archived