Wow! You should get to change season expectations if your board screws you

So with a bit of luck, I've managed to get Nottingham to the top of the EPL in 2014. The January window comes around and I think I can reasonably mount a title challenge in our current form. The board then decides to intervene and sell my two key strikers, providing me with only 10% of the transfer revenue (I can't ask for a bigger % because I asked for an increase in August and that is apparently "recent"). If your board makes a huge, team-redefining intervention, shouldn't the manager have the option of adjusting their season expectations accordingly? After all, I don't think anyone with a scrap of sanity thinks bringing in aging Paul Konchesky on loan makes up for the loss of Vela and Kalinic up front.

its frustrating when that happens, and i think you generally get a option to change the expectations, however (i know it was in the demo) isnt there a way when making a bid on a player you cant afford an option to ask the board to stretch the budget to buy someone (was in the right had side where it tells you about who the selling club are looking for etc.)

Never mind this game, that sort of behaviour is absolutely bl**dy typical of the current Forest management! In line for promotion (at Jan. transfer window stage) for the last two seasons, needing a couple of decent signings (or loans) & they get NOBODY! All the teams around manage decent signings. I never manage Forest in this game!

BTW, I am a long (60 years) suffering Forest fan!

Never mind this game, that sort of behaviour is absolutely bl**dy typical of the current Forest management! In line for promotion (at Jan. transfer window stage) for the last two seasons, needing a couple of decent signings (or loans) & they get NOBODY! All the teams around manage decent signings. I never manage Forest in this game!

BTW, I am a long (60 years) suffering Forest fan!

You got Paul Konchesky. :D

This kind of stuff happens in football, and boards still continue with unreasonable ambitions. If I was you, I'd resign and move onto another club on principle.

Can you do 'on principle' in this game ? would the AI even notice ?

Archived