Arm Injuries - out for TWO MONTHS!!

Just had a player Fracture his wrist - I get that, but he shouldn't be out for two months. I think this should be tweaked for the next game, because after about 2 weeks a player can play with a fracture/break in an arm fine.

Not a major problem, but needs to be looked at.

6 weeks to heal + 2 weeks to strengthen.

You can play with fractured arms or wrists but risk serious damage should it actually split the bone. I had a hairline fracture in my foot and the doctor told me that if I put any pressure on it it would likely shatter the entire bone and I'd need surgery to reconstruct the foot with metal pins and whatnots.

So not playing for 8 weeks would advantageous. If it was a clear break then perhaps after 2 - 4 weeks they could play again.

• SI Staff

Earlier this season Kyle Lafferty at Rangers was out for over a month with a broken finger. Falling on your arm or finger when it is damaged could do even more damage. And I'm guessing insurance wouldn't cover it either.

That's not as bad as the common back strain from weight training, which takes a player out for a month. When they're professionals at a top club, you'd think that they have been taught how to lift weight with proper technique to avoid hurting themselves. I'd understand if it's a back injury from a match, but injury from weight training is stupid.

Yes you do sometimes see players making an appearance with a fractured arm but very rarely. The only time you will see it is if the team is absolutely desperate or its a really key match and the players is vital to their success.

If you do play with a fracture there is a good chance that you will do further damage and keeping yourself out for a much longer time.

Archived