Backroom Staff Advice

Putting together a backroom staff for Celtic after clearing out the current staff. I think I have sorted out scouts and physios, but not sure how to go about selecting a good management team. What factors do people look for when selection a new assistant manager vs. first team coach vs. regular coach?

Thanks in advance

I still dont understand the ingame difference between a coach and first team coach but i look for high stats in attack and defending attributes mostly since they both take care of training... When looking for an ass man. i look mostly at his technical attributes so i can assign him to take care on the opposition instructions for me even though many times i take care of some of the highest rated players myself...

I mainly use the Ass Mgr for Opposition instructions as it takes a hell lot of time. So high technical knowledge is a must. Motivation, Level of Discipline should also be decent. For me thats all i require out of an Ass Mgr. Italo Galbiati, Ezio Sella, Martin Keown, Steve Round are all good !

first thing I look at is MDD (Motivation, Determination, Discipline) then I look at their training technicals.

It also depends on what you want the coach to train... if you need a shooting coach, for example, it would be pointless getting a coach with 20 defending and only 5 attacking...

An ideal assistant manager will have good Man Management, Good Determination, Good Motivation and Good Judging Player Ability. Anymore and it's a bonus. I usually try and get coach that has good attacking, good defending, good tactical etc etc. If you can try and get a scout with good tactical knowledge. He can then compile the team reports.

Archived