Longest ban for a player?

not quiet what your looking for but interesting none the less

theres some 32 yr old italian striker who is banned till the start of next season as well as a brazilian playing for bordeax (possibility he might just be ineligable though)

signed the striker on a loan for the first season to help out with striker shortage till i noticed he was always ineligable then noticed the ban more fool me, but im blaming my staff swear they should have said at some point.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big_scary:

theres some 32 yr old italian striker who is banned till the start of next season </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

francesco flachi, former sampdoria captain.

in an old CM game, i think it was cm3, tony adams got banned for 6 months for pushing the ref.

At the start of the game, there's a player in the Northern Irish league who's subject to a one-year worldwide ban. Having researched him, it's due to having robbed a pizza joint in real life and is in prison.

I was foolish enough to sign him without checking up on him properly. I nearly sacked the scout who recommended him!

Stan Lazaridis

Unfortunately his time with Perth was tainted when in January 2007, Lazaridis returned a positive drug test for anti-androgen Finasteride, a prescription alopecia medication, which is banned due to its potential as a masking agent for other performance-enhancing substances.[2] While noting his previous good character and making clear there was no evidence he had taken performance enhancing drugs, he was found guilty by Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority and was given a 12-Month suspension from football.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by William Hall:

Stan Lazaridis

Unfortunately his time with Perth was tainted when in January 2007, Lazaridis returned a positive drug test for anti-androgen Finasteride, a prescription alopecia medication, which is banned due to its potential as a masking agent for other performance-enhancing substances.[2] While noting his previous good character and making clear there was no evidence he had taken performance enhancing drugs, he was found guilty by Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority and was given a 12-Month suspension from football. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats a real life ban, the thread is about in game bans and anyway IRL there have been longer bans.

Archived