Un-Installed FM2011 - Cant re-install!

I have the boxed PC version, installed through steam and had game working fine.

I needed to clean up some folders and wanted to add some logo's etc. I uninstalled FM & Steam, wiped all FM related folders from the comp.

When I re-insert the disk nothing happens. I try to launch setup via 'My Computer' but nothing happens.

How can I start the installation process all over again?

Many thanks for your help.

Did you restart your computer before installing again?

Yeah I actually shut down.

Very frustrating. It said game had un-installed but im totally lost at what to do next.

Can't get the install screen to re- appear.

You would think by uninstalling you would be able to start from scratch again?

What happens when you try to install it manually? Do you double-click the set up and nothing happens?

Exactly this.

I downloaded and installed steam again and FM11 is still in my games folder but listed as 'uninstalled'.

Could this be preventing it installing? How do you remove it permenantly from steam?

Thanks.

Exactly this.

I downloaded and installed steam again and FM11 is still in my games folder but listed as 'uninstalled'.

Could this be preventing it installing? How do you remove it permenantly from steam?

Thanks.

Well you need to find all the steam folders and SI folders that contain the game files etc. They appear in a number of places re:

* program files>steam>steam apps.>commom>then fm2011

(the ones below are hidden files so you need to go into Tools>folder options>View>Show hidden files

*Administrator>Appdata>Roaming>Sports Interactive

If that does not work then you may need to go into your registry and edit the files in there, but try the above first.

Hope this helps.

Did you right click on the game and "delete local game content"?
Well you need to find all the steam folders and SI folders that contain the game files etc. They appear in a number of places re:

* program files>steam>steam apps.>commom>then fm2011

(the ones below are hidden files so you need to go into Tools>folder options>View>Show hidden files

*Administrator>Appdata>Roaming>Sports Interactive

If that does not work then you may need to go into your registry and edit the files in there, but try the above first.

Hope this helps.

Thanks alot for the help lads at this late hour, really appreciate it.

I followed your advice & got the install screen back up.

There really should be an uninstall guide in the manual for steam virgins!

thats mad, so if you hadn't of tried to re-install it, you would of had god knows how many files still lingering about, taking up space on ur hard drive!! i cleaned up some of the files on my computer a few months back and come across some fm 2007/2008 files they get everywhere!

thats mad, so if you hadn't of tried to re-install it, you would of had god knows how many files still lingering about, taking up space on ur hard drive!! i cleaned up some of the files on my computer a few months back and come across some fm 2007/2008 files they get everywhere!

Yeah I was susprised alright.

Must remember to check after uninstalling each version.

I wonder why the uninstalll doesn't remove all folders?

Thanks for the help.

Glad to hear you got it sorted.

Thanks Neil.

Quick question, after installing FM11 there are two 'Sports Interactive' folders in 'My Documents', each containing a folder called 'Football Manager 2011'.

Is it normal that there are two seperate folders?

Thanks

Thanks Neil.

Quick question, after installing FM11 there are two 'Sports Interactive' folders in 'My Documents', each containing a folder called 'Football Manager 2011'.

Is it normal that there are two seperate folders?

Thanks

Yes, one folder is public. That's the way it's n Win 7.

As for manual uninstall > http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/233554-Football-Manager-2011-FAQ?p=6066652&viewfull=1#post6066652

I wonder why the uninstalll doesn't remove all folders?

It won't remove any folder containing a file which was not put there by the installation, so your savegames, any graphics, crash dumps, saved tactics, training schedules etc, won't be removed and so the folders in which they live won't be removed either.

Archived