Oh for the love of........ There is only one superkeeper!!!

And that is that..... that... that G1T, who plays for spurs!!

Help somebody please, how do you beat the guy? I'm at half time of the community shield, fourth season. In the three previous years I have played tottenham 9 times and Gomes has got man of the match in 6 of those games (ironically he missed one game and cudicini got mom) and I'm 1-0 down with him rated at 8.4 with only a team talk and a tactic tweak to save the day.

Can SI release me a patch in the next 5 with suitable OI's - dropkick him in the head etc?

Maybe I should sign Ashley Cole and see if he can take him out as a sniper when the inept Rooney and aguero are preparing their next 'pass for row z'... :(

The Ogrizovic, Huckerby and Whelan combo on CM3 used to kill me but ol Heurelho is certainly becoming my most hated player, I'm even starting to hate him irl when watching spurs now!

It's only a game, it's only a game, it's only a game....... A game I'm not going to win ;)

Sorry for doing my own sky sports live match updates, know you have your own games to play - but it's a belter, and I've started the story now so I may as well finish!

Just realised the goal for spurs was an OG, wondeful :)

46th minute, goal disallowed for my team

46th minute, goal for my team - yeeeees, have that!!

49th minute, goal for my team - cue mourinho style (well, probably Barry Fry) run round the room!

56th minute, the dreaded equaliser!

58th minute, red card for my CM - here we go! :(

67th minute, goal for spurs, never sticking up for crouch again!

69th minute, another goal disallowed for me (used to this, seems to happen an awful lot, don't know if it's tactics or ME!)

70th minute, equalizer from Mr OG!! Saved himself a few quid from the unfair fine he was probably going to get as a result of my Gomes-rage!

82nd, 83rd and 87th minute Rooney "misses sitters" and "he's got his head in his hands", been doing that a lot this game, bit like me!

FULL TIME: 3-3 and penalties. With Gomes in goal. Who despite conceding three is still now on a rating of 7.6!

Ah well - here goes!

It's almost like the game picks one for each player, my mate has a real issue with Craig Gordon yet I can't (without trying to tempt fate!) ever recall him bothering me that much. Don't remember DJ ever being an issue either, isn't it weird how it can be so different! But it's good though :)

Just been looking back through my spurs history and it's been the cups and important matches that Gomes plays blinders in, guessing he must have a high 'big games stat' - just scouting him now to check! Not sure why if so though, he's done well in this years CL but seem to recall a howler for PSV against Milan. My colleague's a PSV fan though and always speaks highly of him though so sure he knows more about it than me!

I remeber Jason Euell turning into Messi everytime he played my West Ham team a few years back.

Wonder if Gomes has Man U as a disliked club following the Nani goal kick incident?

Johan Elmander from Bolton used to drive me to the walls every time I played them in FM09... every freaking time he would score against me regardless. Not a superkeeper but still... a nemesis! lol

It's almost like the game picks one for each player, my mate has a real issue with Craig Gordon yet I can't (without trying to tempt fate!) ever recall him bothering me that much. Don't remember DJ ever being an issue either, isn't it weird how it can be so different! But it's good though :)

Just been looking back through my spurs history and it's been the cups and important matches that Gomes plays blinders in, guessing he must have a high 'big games stat' - just scouting him now to check! Not sure why if so though, he's done well in this years CL but seem to recall a howler for PSV against Milan. My colleague's a PSV fan though and always speaks highly of him though so sure he knows more about it than me!

When Gomes and Alex (yes the one from chelsea) were playing for PSV, those two pretty much dragged PSV through the stages of the champions league with the two of them. Gomes was an amazing shotstopper and Alex the vidic style tank in defense. Lots of 1-0 wins ensued.

he plays in goal now? :o

i would love to deploy my usual strategy regarding cech, if you cant beat em...buy em. but he wont leave them and certainly not for liverpool :(

:p

He just always beats me on his own. :( Just played Liverpool at Anfield, was 2-0 up at HT, he didn't touch the ball literally and he comes up with a hat-trick in the second half. :(

And I did not say 'Pleased' at the HT !!!

Archived