Please represent this more realistically.....!

In all my years of watching football, I don't think I can ever recall somebody being clear through on goal, and they just side foot it straight at the keeper and he catches it.

Now its not unrealistic for somebody to miss a one on one, but it is unrealistic for somebody to simply sidefoot it into somebodies arms.

Please sort the match engine out so this keeper either makes a save realistically, eg. pushing the ball away, or the player misses.

This situation is unrealistic.

In all my years of watching football, I don't think I can ever recall somebody being clear through on goal, and they just side foot it straight at the keeper and he catches it.

Now its not unrealistic for somebody to miss a one on one, but it is unrealistic for somebody to simply sidefoot it into somebodies arms.

Please sort the match engine out so this keeper either makes a save realistically, eg. pushing the ball away, or the player misses.

The problem isn't the match engine its the graphics/animations.

There are simply not enough animations available at present so show a variety of saves so a shot which is saved and held looks like its been hit straight at the keeper on the 3D.

On the plus side SI are adding more animations every edition.

I still think they look like penguins that have been given speed.

And players passing the ball into a keepers arms happens all the time. The pressure gets to them and they are in two minds whether to chip or try to place it round the keeper and end up doing neither. They usually turn and look ruefully at the grass before picking an imaginary clump of turf from their studs.

you have clearly never watch Darren Mackie through one on one with the goal keeper. :)

Sure there's animations in the ME that don't look too realistic and perhaps don't visually explain fully what's just happened, or was described by the commentary, but on the whole I think it's pretty good.

I'm sure the animations will keep improving and many more will be added. There's already a huge difference between FM10 and FM11.

Although I wasn't sure how I would find a 3D ME when it was first announced, it's a great addition to the game and a good visual aid, in my opinion.

Archived