I'm really getting tired of this game now.

I'm just about at the end of my FM tether. I am sick to death of loosing and drawing with teams when they've had one or two shots on target and I've had 10-15+ shots.

I'm in my 6th season at Spurs and am having one of my worst starts (after having one of my worst finishes) to a season. Rooney and Babacar blow hot and cold (usually cold) from game to game.

I know this happens in football but it's getting beyond a joke on this save now. I'm advised that we get overawed by bigger teams and complacent against smaller teams. Why? Why is this STILL the case? I've won the league twice and various cups and have some of the best players in the world at my team. Plus who are we not overawed by then?!

I was giving this game one more season but may not get to Christmas on it. I have so many screen pics of the end of games we're I've lost or drawn and they've had one or two shots on target.

Do Arsenal fans make this game btw? I'm the only team that have managed to stop them winning the league in two seasons, they've won the other four. They consistently get a very high number of points and Fabregas is still there. Hardly true to life.

I know that last point will probably dis-credit my other points but I needed to vent.

Having the best players in the world in your team does not guarantee success. They have to gel and work as a team.

I have to say that I am enjoying the game and if anything finding it slightly easy at the moment. I am playing as Liverpool and have won the league three times in a row (I am in my 4th season now). Torres has broken all types of league records over the years, I have the highest score in the league (10-1) and I have records fo rthe most assists, league goals, points etc etc.

Are you conceding goals late on in games or at no particular time? Are you leading when you concede?

There are things that you can do to stem the flow and help yourself - once you go into the lead, take it easy for a bit - play control football for a while and then go back to your normal tactics later in the game. If you are conceding late goals, the opposition has probably changed their tactics and gone to overload in search of the goal. use a tactic to counteract this. Are your players getting tired to easy, are their stamina stats low.

Training helps - I have my own designed training schemes and I try and get coacjes where they are 4 start or higher rated. Only assign a coach to one training regime rather than splitting them.

There are a lot of things that can help you - you just need to look in detail what is happening - check out where all of the conceded gaol;s are coming from - i.e, if a lot are coming from your right back area, your right back might be the issue. He might be tired, poor positioning, poor work rate etc etc.

Robert - It was the same in FM01, the last FM I owned. Funny how things don't change?!

Mojby - I think you've said yourself what your key to success is, Torres. My problem is literally Babacar and Rooney missing the target. You cannot stop teams from having a shot in the game and they seem to be scoring from them. I lost to At Madrid and I think they had 2 shots on target. I'll post some screen shots if you want.

TonyA - one man does not make a team - he is just the result of having good tactics and I only buy players that fit into my style of play. I never ever change my tactics - they stay the same no matter who I play, home or away.

When looking for a partner for Torres - I looked for someone who has high creativity, flair and pace and who can play along side him and be his feeder if you like. I also make sure I have a top quality AMC who feeds him. If you get anyone else to play in that Torres role then they will probably do a pretty good job for you. So if I had Rooney i would use him as the feeder partner for Torres (or any other quality out and out striker) as his support play is outstanding and he is not known for his high goal scoring rate.

I just make sure I buy players who fit the style of play I like to play.

Yeh I was getting the 25 shots on goal and 5 on target and 1 goal and then losing when the other team got 2 goals from 3 shots.

I just set the midfield and striker instructions to play through balls often, long shots rarely, and the wingers to cross from the deep or the by line (depending on their stats).

Now I get a lot more consistent results and players not taking 20 long shots in a game and missing.

Archived